Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, July 31, 2010

So I have this quilt batt . .

This quilt batt is 90 x 108 inches. I am sewing to clear the stash, so I determined to piece both sides. I pulled together a colorway, and invited MJ to come over and sew with me. I figured that two machines and strip piecing would get it done in no time. Some of the fabric was already torn into 6 inch strips so I began tearing the rest into strips. Some of them just begged to be sewn together, so I slapped up a couple of seams. Then the Vision smacked me between the ears, and I spent most of Thursday sewing. MJ came over Friday morning, and I got out my vintage steel Singer and she settled down to the Janome and we both sewed pretty much non-stop for around five hours, till she had to leave. And we STILL weren't done! I sewed another two hours after that, and now there are only two long seams, and both front and back wll be finished. Next project - finding a space big enough to spread it out and pin the front, back, and batting together. I do not have that much clear floor space in my house. Sooo - backyard, or garage?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Wow, what an undertaking. I, too, am finishing up a 2-sided quilt. And my problem was the same: WHERE to spread it all out? You can check with a local school, senior center or the like and ask if they'd mind if you did that. Maybe even at work, and have the men volunteer to hold it all down for you? Might be kind of fun.
    Can't wait to see the finished project.

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger LA said...

    I sure hope the weather is nice!!!

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I am SO looking forward to seeing this--it's gonna be AWESOME! (And yeah-- where DO you spread a quilt that big!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home