Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, August 14, 2010

How to party, or, the most fun you can have without a hangover

Sigh! I do SO enjoy these teas!

Perfume Delight roses bloomed just in time for table decoration. They go so nicely with the cloth.











And some pink lilies lingered on just long enough to grace our table. The bowls of mixed blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries were almost like table decorations themselves. I should have gotten photos when I set them out, but by then people were arriving and I was in a glorious frenzy of greeting!

As ever, we talked and laughed and shared the good news and the bad. The iced tea went very well! I overbaked the scones a bit, but I'll do better next time.

Heide came from clear up in Washington and it's just not fair that she looks like a 17 year-old when she is mother to a 14 year old. Lisa showed off the scar from her knee surgery. Mary Jean told us about her hundred kilometer bicycle ride. Linda G. brought chocolate. Linda A. brought zucchini bread. Susan and Jenny brought photos of their daughter the acrobat. Maggie smiled and beamed. Diane brought pattern books she is clearing out. Everybody contributed to the joy of the day!


Heide is de-stashing. Here's the swag i got away with - hand spun yarns,






and an exploded clown. (Lots of lovely fiber for future spinning. )
And DH and I are clearing out that jumble of plastic lids and boxes that we all collect, so I sent people home with lidded boxes full of leftovers. Now THEY can decide what to do with them!
Everyone helped clear the table, and the dishes were done in no time, and now i can just sit back and relax. Ahh, teas are good!




8 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Now that's what I call a tea party!

     
  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger LA said...

    And a good time was had by all!!! I'm glad you're feeling better, too!

     
  • At 8:05 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Oh what a fabulous day! The rose is beautiful. xx

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love these--every month you have such a wonderful moment of grace and sisterhood. Thanks for sharing. (And the exploded clown cracked me up!)

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What an awesome tea!

     
  • At 8:34 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Oooo! What are you going to make out of all those delicious little fiber samples?

     
  • At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    It was a great gathering. Thanks for your generosity, Roxie!

     
  • At 8:17 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Officially speaking, I know nothing about a disembowled clown. That's my final statement.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home