Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, July 19, 2010

seams monochromatic


I got a new book on tape and settled into the zen zone today. The brain follows the story, the eyes and fingers put fabrics together. I worked for about 8 hours with a couple bathroom breaks and a salad lunch. And voila!
And more to come. Charlain Harris - "Dead in the Family" The True Blood TV series is a trashy, tacky unfortunate version of the books. All sex and gore and nothing of the relationships and interpersonal dynamics.The books are good, have plot, and engaging characters, and occasional hot vampire sex which is incidental to the story. There are a few chapters still to go, and then I have a couple other recorded books that I won't mind listening to while I sew on. I aim to clear a box out of the stash!!

8 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Love that quilt. Beautiful colors.

     
  • At 8:22 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Do you then require "Doan's Pills" for back pain?
    That's what slows me down at the sewing machine.


    ps my word verification is "backw"

     
  • At 4:03 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Ok, you have created a masterpiece there! I absolutely am in love with this quilt. I love the geometrical qualities of it and the monochromatic color scheme. This one is a work of art. Brava!

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nice!! You're such a wonderful grandmother.

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    LOVE the blue quilt. Seeing what emerges from your creative sessions is always a joy. There have been few exceptions where movies or television have done justice to books.

     
  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Holy wow, woman! You created that in eight hours? It would take me at least eight millennia.

    When reading the last two Jean Auel books I found myself skipping both the near-verbatim-from-textbook disquisitions on Ice Age plant life and the sex scenes. It definitely improved the pace.

     
  • At 10:00 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    You are truly amazing!

     
  • At 11:29 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    LUrved Dead in the Family-- and REALLY lurve the amazing woman sewing quilts for people who need them.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home