Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The n way of tea

Nice, Asian sort of illustration for the titile, doncha think?


Now you're all prepped for the elegance of a proper tea ceremony. Well, I'm reading a silly book by Robert Asprin and in it the heroine performs The Way of Cake which involves a strictly formatted birthday party with pin the tail on the dragon games and the proper Cake with the proper frosting and only one scoop of the


properly made ice-cream - and the cake is cut with a sacred silver cake-server. A Nineteenth level master can cut a Cake into 19 perfectly even portions.

And all this is to explain that I am much taken with the phrase, "The Way of Cake" and may employ it myself in future. Today's festivity was much less formulaic.


I used glass plates and cups today. Light, cool and airy. With blue napkins to pick up the little blue flowers in the cutwork cloth.

I dished out a serving of cake to everyone before they got here so I wouldn't be stuck with a whole angelfood cake that everyone else had the strength to resist. Because I can't resist angelfood.




I also got and sliced up a Sin-Dog from Dave's Killer Bakery. So here we are, with sinfully happy expressions - Linda, Linda, Merilee



Maggie, Pat and Phyllis.

Sin-dogs are to cinnabons as Jack LaLanne is to Arnold Schwartzennagger: They're smaller, healthier and more substantative. Unlike Jack, they are also a good source of omega-3 oils.

Linda brought Gingeroos, with bits of ginger bbaked into the cookie itself. Oh, YUM!

Maggie brought cherries which she herself pitted. I usually just let people spit. and she brought them in her grandmother's bowl which is a beautiful green and white porcelain made in china with a dragon in the bottom. I wish I had gotten a photo.

Pat brought sliced cantelope. It was yummy. OK guys. This is not a potluck. Enough with bringing the food, no matter how delicious it is. I make too much as it is, and this is MY party!!

That's iced tea in the wine and pilsner glasses. Just the ticket for these steamy days - but DH fixed the air conditioner last night (it was a blown fuse) and things are nice and comfy cool in here today.


Oh, and some knitting has gone on. Using up the ends of little balls, I made another child's cap.







5 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    What a feast! Looks and sounds wonderful.

     
  • At 7:31 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    What an elegant table! The clear glass and white tablecloth look so fresh. The food sounds divine as well. Hope you all had the best time ever.

     
  • At 7:55 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Ah, such a cute little cap. Sorry I had to miss knitting again, but the Mosier Tunnels were awesome. I'll post about them next week.

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I could eat an entire angelfood cake. I was going to make one today but I'm afraid to be alone in the house with it. (Pk and El are watching the game with Kate).

     
  • At 7:49 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Looks like a wonderful party. Did you have dancers like Amy?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home