Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bucky Merino's saturday morning.

Here we are, ready to go on our walk to Sully's restaurant. Roxie, her Dear Husband, known to you as DH, and me, the one and only Bucky Merino, roving ramporter. The time was 8AM, the weather was cool and cloudy and as you can see, the verdure was flourishing.










Wehadn't gotten very far along before DH stopped to greet a neighborhood cat named Charlie. DH is very kind to all animals, but he has a particularly tender spot for cats and sheep. So he introduced me to Charlie the cat.









I'm not too sure about Charlie, because the first thing he did was try to nibble on my ear. I'm just not that kind of sheep!











As we continued on our walk, we saw many attractive homes, flowers, birds, yadayadayada. Borrrrring. We passed this hamburger stand which Roxie says is a local landmark and a center for vintage car cruise-ins. Whatever that means. Sheep really aren't too interested in cars.


Breakfast was a pleasure. Roxie shared her oatmeal with me and Kyle gave me some oof his coffee. I flirted with two little girls while their parents finished their breakfasts.


Then we walked back. Here's DH consorting with yet another cat. They do seem to like him.












We passed this very tidy paddock on the way. Roxie says it's a landscaped garden, but I could see it had lots of herbs growing in it as well. Still, it's sadly missing in grass. Well, perhaps that will come in time.

That was our walk. Whoopdedoo. I am most grateful to you folks who have offered to let me come and visit, and Roxie and I are discussing that plan. She wants to take me on a tour of some of the fountains downtown, then we will see about travel arrangements.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Bucky, you are such a cosmopolitan ram to be bored by that quaintness and verdure. And you are VERY lucky that DH likes animals... he seems to be a cat-magnet alright!

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Cats nibble, dogs chew. Be very happy that DH attracts cats.

     
  • At 3:53 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I love that picture of Charlie nibbling on your ear, Bucky!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home