Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sewing again

I have the sewing machine out again and fabric scattered hither and yon. A great deal of yon as the kitties play with it. The flamingo blanket is done and some scraps have thrown themselves together into a five foot strip. Then I had to go to work. I'm working all day today and most of tomorrow. No complaints. The pay is most welcome. And the enforced pauses builds up a good head of steam for more sewing. Brace for more qilts in the future. The fat quarters that Benita sent me are really agitating for construction time. We hit an estate sale, and I got five pink sheets for $2 apiece. Obviously I gotta make a pink quilt right away!!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    We're on the same path these days. I, too, have been bitten by the quilt bug again. And the cats don't seem to mind at all!

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    When do you have time do breathe?

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I'm glad there was some pink fabric in there for you, then. I can't wait to see what you produce.

     
  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I'm envious of the space to leave the sewing stuff out. Since I now have a "spare" room, I am planning on a large, cheap table to set up the machine. I think I'd sew more if I didn't have to clean it up for dinner.

     
  • At 5:07 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Those flamingos would go well with the pink sheets. Just sayin'.

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Who knew the call of the flamingoes would be so strong...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home