Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, July 19, 2010

knit in the dark

DH, because he indulges me shamefully, took me to see "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" yesterday, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was a Disney film, so the good guys won and the bad guys were occasionally comically inept, (though the good guys were also funny.) Nicholas Cage played the sort of sensative, suffering hero he does so well, looking much like a wealthy wino with a heart of gold. The girl playing his love interest was astoundingly lovely. The young sweethearts were Mousketeer perky, and the scene from Fantasia was pretty much lost on most of the audience because they weren't old enough to remember Mickey Mouse doing the same thing.
I started to cast on in the car on the way, and joined the work in the dark. And oops. I twisted the work. About two inches along I noticed it.
So this is what happens when you just correct the twist and carry on. You get a little twist or tuck or pleat or what-have you. A "Design Element." The hat is perfectly wearable, and I got to continue knitting briskly along in the dark. I made good progress. Yet another hat for Medical Team International, to help people get well by keeping them warm. Nice soft Merino around the ears and forehead, and mohair for the crown.
Today, I sew. Wish me well!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I think those are the wrong colors for Jayne's hat. But it still works.

     
  • At 11:31 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    LOL-- Okay... which one of us is going to knit Knittech a Jayne hat?

    And I can't wait to see the Sorcerer's Apprentice! It looks almost as yummy as that yarn!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home