Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, July 16, 2010

She had the best of intentions.

Roxie promised me a trip to work with her, and I was rarin' to go frist thing in the morning. I even offered to drive the car, but Roxie pointed out that I couldn't reach the pedals, so I settled myself comfortably in the passenger seat and awayy we went. That seat was so comfortable that I sort of fell asleep, and when I woke, the car was parked, Roxie was gone, and I was all alone. She says she got to thinking about work and by the time she parked, she had completely forgotten about me. Is that supposed to make me feel cheerier about sitting in a closed car for 8 hours? I ask you!


But she apologized very nicely and promised to take me with her when she met with her friend DJ who has just returned from Paris, and since I am a forgiving sort of ram anyway, and Roxie really does TRY, I forgave her.

DJ had books from the many places she had visited in Paris. She stayed very close to the loovre. I thought she had a touch of the tourist quickstep and was saying she had to saty close to the loo, but she explained the the loovre is a big art gallery with more pictures than you can shake a stick at, and sculptures and lots of other stuff. She showed us her favorites in one of her books. They were right purty!
Then Roxie and DJ talked girl talk until I fell asleep again. Roxie lives a pretty boring life, I can tell you. She said I can walk to Sully's with her and DH tomorrow and maybe we'll see some ducks. Whoop de doo. I've seen ducks already in my life. I've seen all the ducks I ever needed to see. The herb farm where I grew up used ducks and geese to help maintain the plantings. They ate weeds and slugs and bugs, and raised a big rucus if anyone even thought about wandering into the basil beds for a little mid-afternoon snack. Ducks are not my favorite peeople. But, I suppose it beats sitting around the backyard, watching the hostas wilt.
I really am needing an adventure of some type. Anyone have any suggestions?

5 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM , Blogger LA said...

    You are such a tease!!!! I've been talking to Roxie about you coming to visit East Tennessee...does that sound like an adventure???

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    You can always come visit me, you know. I go on lots of adventures! At the end of this month, I'm going hiking. And then two weeks later I'm (hopefully) going down to Wildwood for a weekend of relaxing on the beach.

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh, Bucky-- it's a good thing you didn't come to visit me, because you'd be bored silly! Ducks are a big deal here!

     
  • At 5:58 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Maybe you should hook up with Lisa N and attend one of her car events, or travel with Pat L as she is taking a trip somewhere soon. On July 24th you could attend the Milwaukie Daze event and listen to poets at the open mike in Scott park behind the Milwaukie Library (maybe Roxie would read!)from 24 pm

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Ah, Bucky, you crack me up! But if you think ducks are bad, try beavers. At least ducks won't slam you around with their tails.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home