Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, July 12, 2010

Mmmmmonday or, can a title be more boring?

On Sunday, after running errands, DH and I parked about half a mile away from a restaurant and walked to lunch. Very pleasant. The pub we chose was playing the World Cup for about ten enthusiastic fans. The drone of those vuvuzelas really IS annoying. But the food was good and the service was commendable so we had no real cause for complaint. Then a nice stroll back to the car to feel virtuous for the rest of the day.



I got my next does of exercise virtue in this morning. LG said I was welcome to harvest the lavender in her front yard, so, to beat the heat, I got over there before she had even left for work. She told me to take it all, so I did. I have four baskets of lavender sitting on the air registers in our house, drying out. The house smells divine!!

And since I was already in tidy-it-up mode, I went out and cleared out our two raised beds, filling an entire 33 gallon yard debris can thereby. My back is already grumbling.


I get to go to work for 14.5 hours this week. Whoop, whoop! There's so much to be said for being gainfully employed.



Knitting, of course, goes on. I am using up scraps. The cuff is fairly scratchy, but the part of the hat that will be against the forehead is a cashmere blend.





Waste not, want not.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    mmmmmllavender

     
  • At 9:44 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    While I would adore the odor of lavender in my home, The Professor would just lie on the floor and sneeze and wheeze. Too bad.

    Great to see you last week!

     
  • At 10:34 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh aren't you clever, making it so the softness is against the skin! (vevusela... funny, funny word!)

     
  • At 5:38 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What cha making with all the lavendar?

    Hope your back feels better soon.

     
  • At 1:36 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You are so productive, nothing goes to waste, and everything is in its best place. Brilliant!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home