Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

DH wins the prize!

DH had a surprise for me yesterday, and it was a really good one. He had talked to his sis right before the 4th, and it turns out that she mentioned she was looking for a throw or a blanket or something to throw over her legs when she watches tv. So DH took me out fabric shopping!! And we found anti-pill fleece with her totem animal! She adores flamingoes. We will back it with more fleece in flamingo pink. Just a quick little laprobe to take with us when we head South in September for the annual visit.



We've been getting more warmth and sunlight, and the roses really like it.

















And the tea cozies have not left me alone, though I doubt I'll enter them in the county fair because part of the fun is the way they all have the diamond motif in different techniques. There are no seperation of techniques for the knitted entries this year. (They've REALLY cut back on the knitting)!!

Anyhow, this one is a mixed technique. I cast on 100 stitches, knitted a long tube, dropped and raveled three stitches on either side, and wove those dropped strands with a contrast color. Yay, it works!

I may enter the collection in the flock and fiber fest, or maybe the state fair. Gotta do a little research.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home