Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Prince of Persia - YUM!

On Memorial Day, DH and I visited a local landmark for breakfast. "The Bomber" was, for years, suspended over a set of gas pumps. It was so very 1950s and cool! But things change, and the gas pumps were eventually pulled out. However, the little coffee shop behind the gas station continued to thrive and grow. On Memorial Day, (and most days, actually) the place is full of veterans who love planes. The food is plentiful, reasonable, and dependable.

And then we zipped over to the mall and caught the 10 AM showing of "Prince of Persia" Yippee skippee! Good old rock'em, sock'em action with good guys and bad guys and awesome special effects, young love, noble sacrifice, great costumes, and hot guys with swelling muscles. OK, lots of scenes reminiscent of Star Wars and Xena and Lord of the Rings. I don't care! It's the kind of movie that goes home in the car with you, and replays scenes on tha back of your eyelids for days. And Jake Glyndenhall is not a waste of skin! Yum.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    oh baby, I am SO on board! Like I said in my blog, not much bad that can't be blotted out by those blinding abs...

     
  • At 6:35 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    I'll definitely add that to the top of my Netflix queue for when it comes out! Love the planes. Have you heard of a burger place down in Oregon that features live monkeys in a display? The radio was gabbing about it yesterday, but I didn't catch the whole thing.

     
  • At 6:06 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nothing wrong with a good action flick. Plus eye candy helps when the plot fails.

    (Haven't seen it yet, but will own it, I'm a sucker for that period.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home