Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Spun

This is the yarn I have been spinning while watching "The Tudors." It's merino, silk and alpaca. (OMGOMGsoft) Paying more attention to the screen than the spinning, I have created looooong bands of solid colors, so I tried Navaho plying to mainting the unity of color blocks. I'm really bad at Navaho plying, but I did get the color effect I wanted. I also got a lot more texture than I had anticipated because I was so erratic and clumsy with my technique, but this is how we learn, and it produced a unique yarn with character. Wonder how it'll knit up?

Today has dawned dry and sunny. In the past twenty days, we have had twenty days of measurable rainfall (some of it in record-breaking quantities. We almost never get more than half an inch a day, and we had several days with almost an inch of rain.) DH has said that if it wasn't raining, we could walk to Sully's for breakfast. 2.5 miles downhill to get there. 2.5 miles uphill to get home. Oh well. I've walked five miles before. I was in training, then but . . .

Brace yourselves for some olympic-level whining when this is over. Why am I going along with it? Because we both NEED exercise, and this will be a reasonably congenial way to get it. And it's better than riding a bike.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:30 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What lovely yarn-- I LIKE the long color changes myself! And I read ahead to see how this one ends... you didn't get out of riding the bike, baby... that sort of defeats the purpose!

     
  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I am just catching up after a couple of days away and spotty internet access.

    I love those colors, and boy do I hear you about the rain! I am surprised not to be growing green algae like those sloths!

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Sounds like you are as tired of "Junuary" as I am! Damn this eternal rain!

    I was bad at Navajo plying too, until I found a nifty video on YouTube. I linked it on my blog post last week. Took a few minutes to get the hang of leaving one hand not moving, but holy smokes it finally worked out!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home