Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The next cozy

This is the hat I knit during Iron Man and Prince of Persia. Just a straight tube of 2/2 ribbing with the top sewn shut. I can do 2/2 ribbing in the dark. Shaping takes a little attention.


The cables took a while till I got the hang of picking up stitches over or under each other. And the cozy looks mis-shapen because it's stuffed with a shawl, being too damp and heavy to stand alone yet.


See - it's a teapot in here!



I wanted to do some more colorwork on the inside because that stranding adds lots of insulation, so here's the reverse. This went really fast. I finished it in one day.




Teacup button on this side.


Cozy unfolded and spread for further drying. What's next? I think I'll take the mitered squares suggestion - sort of keep the diamonds theme and carry it in another direction.
And I sold my first freelance piece to E-How! "How to Crochet Different Hats." Now I'm working on one I suggested. "How to Set a Pretty Table with Mis-Matched China." It's taking a while to fit what I know into their format, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Wish me luck!


6 Comments:

  • At 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck, friend! Congrats on selling a piece!

    The cozy is just so sweet. Where did you get the buttons? Did you have a particular pattern you were working from? I need me a good cozy...

    How was Prince of Persia? Did it make up for all the controversy?

    Cheers!
    Daisy

     
  • At 5:59 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Congrats on the sales!

    The tea cozies are amazing.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Ooh, I love the colors. Good work, making your first sale. I'm sure there will be many more!

     
  • At 9:37 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Huge congrats! The cozy is amazing.

     
  • At 11:43 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Now I see how you do the double layered cozies? Cool!

    I want to see the mitered square ones!!! Will they look like court-jester hats?

    Heard anything from Lulu lately?

    Congrats on the freelance work. Since all my dishes are mis-matched, that next one sounds interesting.

     
  • At 10:21 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love that cozy-- honey, you are THE best! Very awesome! And congratulations on the freelance work! Don't spend that royalty check on the cats! (Uhm, like someone else I know!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home