Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rose Festival weather

The weather has been persistently cool and rainy. My roses love it.

Party dress is getting ready to bloom.

And the Pink Peace is bursting with blossoms.

I wish I could share the fragrance with you. This one sits by my desk, and the whole area is heady with langourous perfume.


I put these three in the garden window, and Pepper acted like it was her job to snort all the smell out of them. For ten minutes, all I could get a picture of was cat butt.
Doncha love my vases? Two empty perfume bottles and a balsamic vinegar bottle. Hey, that stuff's expensive. I feel happier if I can make use of every thing I paid for.
I hit a milestone at Weight Watchers yesterday. I lost ten percent of my starting body weight. 19.7 pounds!! (Yes - I was close to 200 lbs when I started.) So I'm halfway to my goal of 160. I CAN do this!


6 Comments:

  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh congratulations on the weight loss! (And yeah... cat butt is not a purty flower, that is certain!)

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Way to go on your goal, Roxie! And it's nice to see that you can find something to appreciate about this miserable weather.

     
  • At 5:36 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I can almost smell the flowers through the monitor. My neighbor has a whack of honeysuckle on the fence between our houses. I tend to stay away since I have a bee sting allergy but the smell. Oh, the smell. It wafts in through my front windows and beguiles me to come out.

    And Congrats on the weight loss! You not only CAN do it, you ARE doing it!

     
  • At 10:08 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Of course you can do the weight lose thing - you are already well on the way! I need to get back on track. The old food habits are coming back and I'm no longer losing. Together we will get slimmer and healthier!

    The roses are wonderful and make me think of my mom today. She loved her roses and always had them in the flower beds next to the house. I could smell them every time I went out to play in spring and summer. Thank for sharing their beauty and inspiring a wonderful memory.

     
  • At 1:17 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Congratulations!!

    That orange rose is stunning. I love roses of good strong colors. I wish I could smell it.

    I use "fancy" vases, too. I have a grapeseed oil bottle that I love!

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You go Roxie!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home