Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Days like that

The tea cozy obsession continues. Here we go with mitered squares. Good way to use up odds and bobs of yarn.











And the lining is done in seed stitch, literally using up short lengths and ends of the balls.

Good old seed stitch supports such a variety of oddities.


Shiny gold button on the top on this side.







A wild, galloping wooden turtle on this side. Cute lil'feller, ain't he?

Monday was one of those days when I walked in circles trying to get started, and couldn't get plugged into anything. I finally gave up and settled in front of the tube with my knittinng. finished this cozy and got started on a cotton Baby Surprise jacket, using up the half-a ball of this and that in the cotton stash. I watched five hours of CSI re-runs.
On Saturday, DH discovered re-runs of Billy the Exterminator. Billy is an ex-con in the deep south (S.Carolina? Tennessee?/ who has gone into the exterminating business with his dad, mom, and brother. Billy, a skinny blonde guy with jail-house tattoos and a spiked mohawk, dresses like a heavy-metal rocker and talks like Ty Pennington with an entomolgy degree. He uses non-toxic chemical spray, and goes up against these wild-big bugs and critters. Raccoons in the rafters, gators in the fishpond, Cicadia-killer wasps in the day-care playground, rats in the dog pound. (The terriers were really disappointed when Billy trapped all their playmates, but people hate to see rat parts scattered around the pen.) Billy is SO hyperactive. His mom is a flamboyant redhead who runs the office, and his dad is a good old boy, short hair and reasonably fit, but slowing down after he fell off a roof while hunting wasps, and broke his back, then had a heart attack while getting a python out of someone's garage. Billy's brother is just an ordinary guy who does his job and gets on with life. If you happen to run across Billy while you're channel surfing, it's a video version of the good old white trash Twinkie cake -- a shameful pleasure!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I read about your offer to Steve the cat and now I'm reading you blog- because I think you must be fabulous

     
  • At 5:30 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I think we all have those guilty pleasures. I am a huge A Team fan and I loved the movie (but don't tell anyone!)

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Your narrative makes me almost want to order cable again! Love the tea cozies.

     
  • At 6:47 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Try as I might, can't watch more than two or three mintues of Billy. He sets my teeth on edge.

     
  • At 11:02 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    (Donna Lee, I loved the movie too!)

    We all have guilty pleasures...for the longest time, mine was Full House. THE most empty calories for seconds of viewing pleasure. I hated myself. But dammit... I watched it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home