Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Too much fun!

http://heideho.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/a-delightful-and-nutty-adventure/#comment-4164

Heide beat me to the post. It was such a treat to see her, and she has documented things splendidly. She got a bit disoriented, which is easy to do in our neighborhood, and called her DH, and he sent me an e-mail saying that she was lost and afraid that we might have planned a hazing ceremony where we tie her down and lay acrylic yarn on her. As if! That would mean that someone would actually have to HAVE acrylic.

Chocolate hazlenut cupcakes.



almond macarons (macaron with one O and no coconut) and peanut-butter cookies


Seven of 12 of us. Heide is the brunette third from left. The chicken/cashew sandwiches disappeared (oh crap! I still have about two sandwiches worth of filling in a zip-lock in the fridge. Now I have to eat it.)
Maggie, third from right in blue shirt, brought a phenomenal waldorf salad. and Tamara, 2nd from left, brought her world-famous hazlenut biscotti. They are the only left-overs I did not share.
Barb came a bit late, and, having an eagle scout at home, consented to take home some of the extra calories. And Heide, after some arm-twisting and stern looks, took cupcakes and cookies home as well. "Now I won't have to cook dinner!" she exclaimed.
"Cookies aren't a full meal!" I protested.
"Well, I'll give them milk, too, of course." she assured me. And now, she says that they have eaten everything, and turned the bags inside out and licked them. It does a cook's heart good.



And as if the joy of good company and celebratory women was not enough, Heide brought me a skein of "Socks that Rock" in Undertoe, and Diane, as is her wont, has generously given me some orphaned sock yarn.
Oh, and everyone said very nice things about the new china which occasioned the nutty theme of the menu. I did not need another set of china. I went nuts!




4 Comments:

  • At 1:16 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    So love your knit days!!!! xxx

     
  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Now I am hungry for cookies.

    And the verification word is "dratmoni".

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Wow, what a lovely spread. Wish I'd made it.

     
  • At 1:07 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    How lovely to meet everybody! And *smirk* Undertoe... I get it! (Looks amazing, as always. A little burst of graciousness... thank you!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home