Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

a real baby

One of the girls I work with has a real baby who is happy to model hats and stuff. Isn't he just a doll-boy? He makes my hat look so CUTE!

In spite of my atavistic fears and superstitions, DH was still alive when I got home last night. A little surprised that I greeeted him so enthusiastically, though. And still stricken with the headache. His neck and shoulder muscles are hard as brand-new boot soles, but he doesn't care for massages. And I give a great massage. Go figure.

I love that we ALL want to hide that little pad of extra cash from the cars, cats and appliances. Instead, we tell them, "Don't need any special care, because we don't have the money for it!"

I keep hearing an ad on the radio that is going to cause a whole heap of trouble in paradise. How would you feel about getting a gift-certificate for liposuction for Mother's Day? I guess it beats getting one for valentine's day, but geeze - I'd rather get flowers or even a robot vacuume cleaner. Even if I ever had considered liposuction. Even if I was prone to complaining about fatty deposits, I'd still be underwhelmed by a gift of liposuction from my kids or husband - wouldn't you?

7 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Lypo? Good gawd! I mean, getting a gym membership for him and her, or matching jogging outfits, but that's just incredible. (Guess someone's NOT getting dessert tonight!)

     
  • At 7:54 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    If my kids gave me a liposuction gift certificate, I would scream, "I thought I taught you better than that!" at them and demand Starbuck's instead.

     
  • At 3:54 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Can I have the massage that your hubby didn't want?

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Argh. I just can't see a liposuction gift certificate turning out well.

     
  • At 9:24 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I don't think underwhelmed quite captures the depth of emotion I would express if given liposuction!!

    Thankfully, my family knows better than that.

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Lipsuction? Really? *shakes head* Yeah... I think I'd trade that in for a one-woman trip to anywhere but home...

     
  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    I'm afraid my lipo gift certificate would wind up being returned to "where the sun don't shine." My ex gave me a vaccuum for Christmas. Once. Did I mention that he's an "ex"? ToolMan is WAY too tactfull to give me something "usefull" as a gift; tactfull, or maybe afraid. . .

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home