Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ordinary day

a little eye-candy sunset color. Apropos of nothing. No news, nothing to photograph.


DH is staying home with a headache. Other than that, it's a day like any other.





Suddenly all my ancestral fears lunge to the fore. "Don't say that! The evil spirits will make you regret it. DH might be suffering a brain anneurism." Now I want to go roust him up and look at his pupils to make sure they're the same size. He won't thank me. There is due concern, and then there is hysteria.





Do your ancestral fears do that sometimes? Caution you against saying that things are going well because those evil spirits might be listening?





It's raining a soft spring rain and washing all the new leaves, watering in all the bedding plants that got set out over the weekend, and all the new lawn that was laid. This is the weather that gives us Northwest girls such lovely skin. Cool, moist and shady keeps us unlined and fresh.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:14 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oh, definitely! I am always telling my DH not to read the amount of our tax refund out loud, in case any of the appliances are listening.

     
  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Catching up after a incedibly busy weekend. Only occasionally do the ancestral voices call out warnings. My own do enough to keep me in a tizzy.

     
  • At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Mostly my ancestral fears mutter constantly in the background, so low that I can't really make out the words, but just feel unsettled.

     
  • At 11:45 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I'm the opposite - never say anything bad so you don't give anyone any bad ideas. Yup! Everything is hunky-dory and the world is all sunshine and no shadow! (Knock on wood)

     
  • At 8:23 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I've always been careful not to say that we actually had some money in savings. That is an invitation for an appliance or car to break down (or a cat to get sick)

     
  • At 3:46 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I have a lovely fear of every time I step off a curb I'm going to sprain my ankle.

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Roxie, you know I'm the QUEEN of not not wanting to offend the gods... there is an Isaac Bashevis Singer story about a young mother, defending her child from the ultimate curse... the ultimate curse? "That is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen!" The whole story is about this mother pulling insulting things to say about her own child so that God won't pay attention to the boy because NO one wants the attention of the gods!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home