Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Burning through the stash

I'm just whipping together a mess of quilts right now. MJ and I are getting together with MA from Medical Teams International next Friday, and I am just MOTIVATED to turn out a few more blankies. So I'm using big pieces and few seams. Today I did this:

One side.

And the other side. Red stars on yellow ground, white stars on red ground, red cherries with green leaves on black ground, and finally red cherries with green leaves on a yellow ground.
And this is more of the wonderful Amy Lane's fabric donation.


Garfield and Odie having pillow fights, and Babar
the elephant playing baseball. The back on this one is lime green micro fleece. Woohoo!
I have pulled out evey bit of stash, and have at least one more quilt to turn out tomorrow. BIG pieces. VERY few seams. Then I'll put away the remaining fabrics and the sewing machine, and spend the rest of the week tying the layers together.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    What a warm a wonderful home you have with all of these handmade quilts just waiting to be snuggled under. Do you tie them with ribbon, yarn, or something completely different?

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You finished an entire quilt in a DAY??? Holy mother of purl, dude. I better get crackin' on mine. It's been...a year? ugh.

    I love the third one down. So sweet and cottagey with the small pattern!

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    OMG, Roxie; that first one is a stunner! LOVE LOVE LOVE the strong graphics. Brings to mind some of the quilts from Gees' Bend, Alabama. Google them if you're not familiar. They used the strong graphic traditional patterns and just went half a bubble off level with them.

     
  • At 3:36 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You are just A-mazing!!

     
  • At 5:19 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OMG, Roxie! That's SO much fun to see! I just LOVE that you take my stash and turn it into something pretty and active and useful... (making plans to raid my stash boxes again... immediately...)

     
  • At 6:12 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Man, I step away from the computer for what I think is two days and all this stuff is happening.

    I hope DH is finally feeling better. I know those headaches and they are hell.

    The quilts are wonderful. How generous you are with your time. Somewhere children will sleep happy and warm because of you.


    In case I've never told you, I happen to think you're pretty darn terrific!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home