Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, May 07, 2010

Chestnut cake

FAIL!


I followed the recipe even though I thought it was pretty doggone soupy. The flavor of this thing is actually pretty tasty, but the texture is more like grainy fudge, and as a treat to serve my friends, I don't think so. Instead, I whipped out a batch of chocolate/hazlenut cupcakes to keep with the "Going nuts" theme. Photos of table and all tomorrow.

The table is set. I was looking at it last night ans saying, "Even with food on it, it's going to need something. What's missing?" DH glanced at it and said, "Flowers." I kissed him and caroled, "Yes! And the snowball bush is blooming so happily right now. "

And, being the clever man that he is, he suggested, "Put some food-color in the water so the white flowers will take up the color." I would never have thought of that, and it just rocks!!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    He is a clever man-- but you're a clever broad! You cooked something too ugly to serve, but not too ugly to eat!

     
  • At 2:04 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    I love the snowball bush! Cannot wait to see the photos.

    I think I would have dolloped a huge spoonfull of cream on each piece of the Chestnut cake ... bet it would have been a treat coffee!

    Love the kitty pegs! xx

     
  • At 10:36 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Going nuts sounds about right. I hope the bumps and bruises are healing. Be kind to yourself.

     
  • At 8:59 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I don't know why, but I have a problem with grainy. I can't eat chick peas or hummus or chestnuts.

    When we first moved here, we found they were growing chestnuts (Chinese hybrids), and after hearing "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" all my life, I couldn't wait to try them. Only to be balked by the graininess, wah!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home