Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, April 23, 2010

Lulu's on the move




Last night Lulu's passport arrived, so she is set to head out across the US.





I don't know how to make this turn upright, so please turn your head sideways to read it. This is a very official passport and I don't know how Jejune got it for that naughty lamb. I am QUITE impressed! I'll try to get her headed out tomorrow. Bon voyage, Lulu!






Play date for goslings:


There's a patch of lawn seperating the pond behind the library from the main through-street. Four families of gees had their little ones out today. there were 8 adults, so I assumed the goslings were spread amongst them.



All the ganders were wary and alert. The geese were getting some fresh greens while they could. And the little ones were practicing their goose steps.




"Gettin' too close to the traffic there, hot shot." The gander gently herded the adventurer back from the curb.
Quilt completion:

Amy Lane, bless her trusting and generous heart, sent me a partially sewn collection of quilt blocks that were cluttering up her stash. And I joyfully slapped them together! I have no idea how the were supposed to be arranged, but random has always worked for me. Heck, with good colors and a good basic idea, you really CAN'T go wrong!

I just had to add this little cherub, Now to tie it and there's another blankie for someone cold and frightened. Thank you SO, SO much, Amy!! Probably some orphan in Roumania will sleep warm because you were willing to share your beautiful fabric with her. May you dream sweet warm dreams your own self!


5 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I should have arranged to take her to Writers Club on a Friday as they would have had great fun posing with Lulu. I am emailing your picture of passport turned the right way

     
  • At 2:32 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a pretty quilt. I like thinking of a child somewhere sleeping under the love of you and Amy.

     
  • At 5:19 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OH sweetheart, THANK YOU! That came out so purty! Those blocks work so well together--and wow-- LOOK WHAT WE DID! (Okay, mostly you at this point--they were just hanging out in my stash, but, wow!)

    That's so cool. Wow.

    And wow--that Lulu-- that's one sophisticated ewe!

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nice job on the quilt. Someone will be very warm halfway across the world.

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Glad her passport got to you safe and sound! You must be breathing a sigh of relief to have that naughty lamb out of the house ;)

    Very cute goslings there ... and what a very special quilt, hugely special.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home