Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The screaming end of the skein

Using up the last few yards of that festive baby-hat skein. And the last few yards of the handspun that Heide gave me. It's fun to figure how to use the ends of stuff.


The hat is stretchy. It would fit a grapefruit if we had one.

there's a patch of irises on my way into the office. The first one is blooming.


And that's the end of my post for today.
PS GREAT suggestions for entries in the young woman's MANual!



4 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Ahhh.. Some wee premmie is gonna love that hat!

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    Blogger, or Roxie, apparently doesn't want you to know that the source of the "I crochet" anecdote is Richard Alpert, aka Ram Dass. I've tried to post repeated to that entry so I'll try here.
    She also left out one of my favorite parts of the story - how the laquered papier-mache cherries on the lady's hat bob hynotically as she nods her head in agreement.
    Ram Dass's fairly recent book, Still Here, written after he was, in his words, "stroked", got me through the months of my parents final illnesses and deaths, and remains relevant as aging and illness affect my surviving family.
    Lots of worse advice out there than "Be Here Now", the basic statement of mindfullness practice.
    Third times the charm - let's see if this posts!
    "aspini" - little breadsticks in the shape of snakes?

     
  • At 8:59 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Love the odds & ends baby hat-- you are so good at making beauty last...

     
  • At 3:46 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Very lovely tiny hat!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home