Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's a sickness with me

This times twelve


plus a big platter, a small platter, a big serving bowl, a small serving bowl, a covered tureen, a gravy boat, a sugar bowl and a creamer with a broken handle

for $100. Like I needed more china. But how, how could I turn it down?

I should just quit stopping at estate sales on the last hour of the last day they are running. The deals are too good to pass up.

Am I confessing or bragging? A little of both. Guess what next month's china will be.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I think your motto is "I never met a dish I didn't like."

     
  • At 8:04 PM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    It is lovely and charming and worth all of your $100 and more. Wish I was going to be there too!

     
  • At 11:42 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    oooohh... but it's so purrrrrtttyyyy....

     
  • At 4:35 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    But it's such a pretty pattern!

    I had to stop buying china (especially tea cups - I LOVE tea cups) too because I have no place to display them.

    I also like Bakelite, old Pyrex, old crockery mixing bowls, etc.

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    But this way I get to enjoy it vicariously and my husband doesn't grumble at me!

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I'm that way about handmade pottery. I can't leave a piece behind at a sale if it feels that good in my hands.

     
  • At 8:49 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I will worry about china when I have a kitchen with more room for it, but gosh that is a lovely set. One day, I will inherit my mother's wedding china, and I will have to fight Em to the death for it.
    But for now, I'm a looking more for a tea service that isn't too expensive!

     
  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Beautiful china for a lovely table.

     
  • At 3:36 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It's pretty. Stash of a different kind of is hard to pass up.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home