Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ahhh, that was nice!




The green tea has been and gone and was roundly enjoyed by everyone!

I made Vegemite sandwiches so everyone could try a taste of Australia. I started with the requisite smile etched into the freshly opened jar.


One of my guests said that Vegemite tastes like soy sauce. I rather like Vegemite, but I could see her point. The Vegemite sandwiches didn't go over very well with my human guests but - I trimmed the crusts off the sandwiches and threw them into the back yard for the ravens and jays. The neighborhood cats are feasting on those crusts!



Remember when we went out to Sauvie's Island and picked up those two china cabinets? This is the little one. It fits into the dining room SO nicely!!


And you may notice on the plate another Australian treat - Tim-Tams. Nine ladies, two boxes of Tim-Tams, and only two cookies left at the end of the soiree - and that, only because we wanted to be good to DH. Tim-Tams are the bees knees around here!



Reading from the top, Lime macarons, then lime macaroons, then cheese and pesto roll-ups.





A close up of the roll-ups because they looked so pretty.




The spread assembled. Under the cake stand are bread and butter sandwiches for the unadventurous.


Susan and Maggie were adventurous.



PL was adventurous. HL, not so much. But HL is a dancer so I was able to persuade them to take home a few leftovers.
On the knitting front,
Fly is doing his impression of the world's most abused cat. I have been knitting premie hats (for premature infants)for Medical Teams International, and wanted someone to model one. Fly's head is the right size, but his attitude is much too large.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:07 AM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Hehe, I approve of the vegemite smiley!!

     
  • At 9:24 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    It was a beautiful and tasty spread!

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Fly looks soooo abused. I like the green and white set up. Perfect for spring. I just found out tim tams are available in the US. Made by Pepperidge Farms and they taste remarkably like the originals. Now if I could only get some Violet Crumble.

     
  • At 1:46 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Lovely spread! What was in the cellophane wrapped green balls that randomly graced the table? I may have found a place to hold a knitter's getaway in Goldendale. I'm still waiting to hear back from everyone... do you feel like a road trip and a weekend adventure with real, live strangers? I'm probably the strangest.
    http://www.pinespringsresort.net/index.html

     
  • At 11:44 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    He does look pretty fearsome for a guy wearing a pastel colored little chapeau, doesn't he? Nice spread, Roxie-- the pesto roll ups look especially yummy.

     
  • At 1:39 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    I think you really need to have been given Vegemite as a baby to like it, LOL, it's definitely an acquired taste :)

    What a great party! I want those lime macaroons! Yum!

    Poor Fly, he's looking terribly abused ;)

     
  • At 3:37 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It looks very yummy. Sorry I missed it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home