Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 27, 2010

a little spinning

Spinning is a great way to deal with -- anticipation -- so I pulled a Fantasy Fibers Mysery Batt out of the stash.

Mystery Batts are what you get when you strip the leftovers of several batches of combing off the carding drums. This one is mostly wool, with some sparkle woven in and a hint of angora here and there.


I am actually making an effort to spin it smooth and fine. You'll notice I haven't slipped a dime under a single strand to show HOW smooth and fine it is. No way am I that good. Making an effort is not the same as succeeding so well that you want to show it off.

So the batt was up on the shelf where the cats wouldn't get at it. But have you ever known tow boys left alone with a bat of wool that didn't start making facial hair out of it?


Bobby went for the Mennonite look, sans moustache.


Bucky preferred the Mountain Man look. You will notice that he even has hair in his ears.


This is the scene I came home to. They're not Bahhhd boys, but they sure are rambunctious. I told them, If they have so much energy, they can pull weeds in my garden on Saturday. They cheerfully agreed.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OH R.
    What a hoot. Everything is alive around your house. Could you send them to my place, after they finish pulling weeds at yours?

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    LOL
    Made me giggle!!

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Figures it would the one named Bucky to go for the mountain man look!

    I wanna come to your house to play!

     
  • At 8:54 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OMG--the yarn looks lovely, but Roxie? You are officially having tooo much fun with Bucky and Bobby. You are from here on out urged to discipline those two baaaahhhhd boys or you may find they have raided your closet or your wool stash and woven intricate and obscene patterns using your brightest, most treasured colors. Look at that one... he's laying on Rampant! You know what they say about sheep who read books like that!

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Bobby and Bucky crack me up. The mystery batt matches them quite nicely. Rambunctious... hee hee.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home