Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yesterday was 11/09/09

Tomorrow will be 11/11/09. Since I write the date repeatedly on the days that I work, I am inordinately tickled by the number patterns. And I have not blogged recently because I got nothing to blog about.

I would love to go to Bernie Medoff's garage sale, but I probably couldn't even afford the post-it-notes. It's being run by the government, so you know they're gonna ask top dollar. No half-off on Sunday. No clearing out push for the last hour where they will let you have everything you can stuff in a grocery bag for $3. No dickering or dealing. I mean, what fun is that going to be? They'll probably ask $500 for the everyday china, and $60 for the used sheets. I wonder if the Medoffs HAVE unmatched coffee mugs? Random pieces of silverware that don't match? Old, well-worn cashmere sweaters with pills on the elbow? (Do indecently rich people get pills on their sweaters, or do they have servants that take care of that?)

May we all have cashmere sweaters someday - with or without pills!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    And, just think. In two years, it'll be 11/11/11.
    And those pills? Is that medication or fibers??? :)
    (Yes, I've had my quota of coffee for one day.)

     
  • At 10:18 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    Hard to find a bargain these days... actually no it isn't. Cashmere sweaters show up often at thift stores. Some folks - presumably the folks who bought them - gasp - retail ! - don't want them if they have a tiny snag, or a lost button, or a little coffee stain, or, yes, a few pills. I like them "broken in". It means I actually give myself permission to wear them around the house!

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Oh man, cashmere sweaters. I have a few warm items of clothing that aspire to be cashmere-comfortable. I love them anyway, and they're all broken in and stretched in all the right places. Actually, now that they've sat all summer they've probably regressed back to shape 1. Oh well. I have all winter to make them comfy again.
    One day I will have a cashmere sweater--retail or not!

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I had a good time writing 11/10/09 all day. I had to write some dates for March of 2010 and kept writing 09. Already I can't keep the year straight.

    Cashmere sweaters sound very nice indeed.

     
  • At 7:44 AM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Good friends like you are waaaay better than Medoff profits, cashmere, or even -- gasp! dare I say it? -- garage sales.

     
  • At 9:00 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    But the ones with pills would make lovely pillows... and yes. T was born on 12/12/92... he'll turn 19 on 12/12/12... I like the number, no matter WHAT the superstitious say!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home