Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

sunrise


Living above the 45th parallel as we do gives a sun which slides a considerable distance this way or that in its rising. It has slipped quite a way south and has another 50 days before it turns around. With the time change, I am leaving work just after sunset now, and can look forward to a month when I am strolling out to my car in the dark. Still, when the sky is clear enough, I'll be able to enjoy all the sunrises.

When I went out for the paper this morning, I noticed that I cast a slight shadow toward the streetlight. The full moon was right behind me and so bright! There were a few thin high clouds - mare's tails - and the stars were just brilliant. We don't often get such clear nights. I stood there in the cold with my hands tucked into my armpits, gazing at the moon for a good five minutes.

Now I'm running late. GED at the jail today. Wahoo!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It was quite bright at 0345 this morning.

     
  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We had a full moon that was opposite the sunrise and it made the moon glow so bright in the morning sky that it made me glad to be up to see it. I love love love the very early morning. I've seen venus and the cresent moon making eyes at each other across a dark sky. It's breathtaking. (don't like coming home in the dark either)

     
  • At 10:32 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Truly lovely. I love those moments when you just get stuck in wonder. Good one.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home