Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, November 06, 2009

My lucky day

I saw a shooting star when I went to get the paper this morning.

I had a 7:30 Dr. appointment, and when I got to the clinic and got out of my car, I watched a great skein of geese fly honking overhead through the low clouds.

My blood-pressure is excellent. My weight is high-normal (not obese yet!) And I like my new doctor.

I dropped my car off at the shop, walked home, picked up a parcel and walked a mile to the FedEx office and a mile home, and in spite of clouds and rain all the rest of the day, I had this weather for my walk.


Two and a half miles is nothing to people who exercise regularly. I am inordinately proud of myself. I tidied the house, did loads of laundry, folded and put it all away, and then the mail came. OMG! OMG!


Heide has a child who had H1N1 and then got pneumonia. All my information about childhood pneumonia is from the dark ages, and I figured the poor kid would be on the sofa for two weeks after she got out of the hospital, so I picked up a couple of activity books for her and shipped them off. Heide was so touched that she sent my Christmas gift early. ISn't this scarf gorgeous? Lacy and delicate and elegant and it - has - gold - BEADS in it! My inner magpie is dancing and caracoling and doing the flibbertijibbet across the lawn! Heide, you shunta! I won't give it back, but really, you didn't need to. It's our Precious and we loves it we does.

And now DH is home and I don't have to walk to the shop to get my car. Surely I am among the most fortunate of women!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Of course you'd have the blue skies above you. And I'm sure the birds were chirping in the trees, and the elves...oh, wait, I'm thinking of Snow White. p)
    That scarf is SO beautiful. I know your inner magpie is fluttering about in glee!

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh that scarf is beautiful! It will look lovely all winter.

    Yes you are a very fortunate woman. And he's fortunate to have you.

     
  • At 8:22 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The scarf looks perfect for you. And what a nice package to find in the box!

     
  • At 8:30 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I clicked on the phtot to see the scarf larger. It is so pretty! Is it crocheted?

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Lovely scarf! Aren't serendipitous days like that so wonderful? They're rare, but when they happen they're always so great.

     
  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oooo, that's shiny!

    We have sunshine again, too, and that alone makes me want to Snoopy-dance across the lawn.

     
  • At 11:39 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Brilliant! And you are always SO DARNED THOUGHTFUL--I'm glad to see you getting the reward your inner magpie deserves!

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I love that word "fortunate". For some reason it resonates with me. Yesterday as we drove through the pouring rain, surrounded by throngs of trees clad in their elegant fall colors, I felt fortunate to be capable of appreciating the glory of each season every time it comes around. By February I will be moaning about the rain, but for now it feels cozy. And the colors. Well, there is nothing quite like the beauty of autumn.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home