Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Listen to the rain

After carrying that 12 pound package a mile yesterday, I started getting cramps in my shoulders. I should have used my head. I'm good at carrying things on my head, but people stare, and I didn't feel like being stared at so I put it in a shoulder tote and kept switching shoulders. I am such a total flabster! DH tells me that when he was in the Army, they did 50 mile hikes with a 60 lb pack. I don't know if I could do a two mile hike with a 60 lb pack. And I know I couldn't manage a 30 mile hike - even if someone else carried the water bottles.

So anyhow, my wussy shoulders were cramping up last night and I gave them the serious treatment. Tylenol PM puts me down for the count and FORCES everything to relax. I woke up pain-free, but soooo dopey. DH and I went to breakfast under a sunny sky with a few white puffs of clouds, and when we got back home, I sat down on the sofa for a minute and fell asleep. And he let me. While I slept, the sky clouded over,the wind picked up, and I was wakened by a giant growl of thunder. Rain is hammering on the roof, the trees are thrashing around, it's too dark to cast a shadow outside, and it has turned into the perfect day to go back to sleep. So who am I to ruin a perfect day? The cats can use a warm lap, DH is researching things to do in Sydney and Canberra, and (yawn) I'm sooo (Yawwwn) sleepy.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Completely sunny skies here. We could use rain. It's ok to sleep on the weekend! Just heard that my camera is being shipped back next week! Yay!

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    There was some Army Ranger contest where they had pairs of guys competing... there was a run and one of the guys broke his ankle, AND SO HIS BUDDY CARRIED HIM THE REST OF THE WAY. Sure, they came in last, but they got the badass points.

    Soldiers are just nuts. Don't compare yourself to them, you'll go nuts.

    You walked. You carried stuff. Every little bit of fitness activity counts. Bravo.

     
  • At 12:36 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Tylenol PM puts me out too and the feeling lingers.

    I slept on and off all day today. It feels good and who am I to argue with what feels good?

     
  • At 5:41 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Dear Roxie, I hope that you're well rested and in a good mood. My girls chose a new kitty yesterday and they named her after you!

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    A couch nap is sometimes the absolutely best way to spend a weekend. (And Heide's kids named a cat after you! AWESOME!)

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Next time use a backpack! No way would any of those guys put 60 pounds of unbalanced weight hanging from one shoulder.

    I miss the sound of rain on the roof, and cozy rainy days spent with cats in front of the fireplace.

     
  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Every (school) morning I pluck Taz out of his bed and carry him to his wheelchair. This is less work than holding him up and requiring him to walk, being walked when he's hardly awake not being his idea of a good time, but I can barely do a 10-foot hike with a 75-pound boy.

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    That really is a lot to carry for such a distance if it's not a regular thing. As someone who has carried a box of books that same distance, I can attest to the pain. (My back was frozen ***FROZEN** for hours until I took that pi;;. It worked immediately.
    TAKE A TAXI next time. I know I will.

     
  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You carried 12 pounds to the post office? Are you insane?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home