Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Still lactose intolerant

I left writer's group early because, in spite of what they told me at the deli, there WAS cheese on my sandwich.

I got some nice photos yesterday on the way to work. A trickle of sunlight pours into the leaves above a wet sidewalk.


I stood and stared at this for a while so I could remember, in February, what a blue sky looks like.


Our dogwood tree is putting on some fancy color this year. Very dressy.


Our trip to Oz for my birthday is still rather up in the air - as it were- because Quantas doesn't have any seats available that week. Four and a half months in advance, and they're booked up. I'm still not managing to wrap my head around it. So DH has miraculously finagled a flight to Australia via Hong Kong. It adds a few extra dollars and a few extra miles,and several extra hours, and instead of doing the Sydney bridge climb on my birthday, we will be transferring from one airplane to another in the Hong Kong airport. Poor DH was fighting with this most of the morning, and when I got home he said, "Well, how does Hong Kong sound to you?" I pretty much fell apart. "I don't WANT to go to hong Kong. I have NEVER wanted to go to Hong Kong! If we can't go to Australia, I want to stay home!" It took a few minutes for me to realize that we were still going to Australia, only via Hong Kong. I didn't give him anywhere near the appropriate appreciation for his hard work, and I don't know if I can fix it. The only thing I can do is just enjoy the hell out of it all, and share my joy with him. We will be flying Cathay Airlines. It looks pretty plush. I am not worthy. But, what the hell - if I have to do it, I may as well do it with gusto!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I was imagining Hong Kong and on to Australia from here on the East coast and it didn't make any sense until I remembered where you're starting off from.

    What a wonderful birthday gift! Maybe you can have lunch with some of those Aussie knitters who are always having lunch together with their knitting!

     
  • At 5:29 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Holy moly, that's an awesome birthday present. Our family (escept for A3 because I was newly pregnant with her) went to Australia in 2000 and we stayed with some friends of ours who live in Medowie (about 2 hours north of Sydney). We loved it so much that we wanted to move there, but their immigration laws woudn't allow us to live there permanently. Anyway, Qantas was very nice to fly with. How long will you stay and where will you go?

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I think he deserves a nice gentle massage, sweet nothings whispered in his ear and a chocolate shot off your belly (or your tush if it looks better! LOL)
    He sounds as tho he was not letting anything stand in his way!

     
  • At 9:01 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I've done that before--had a WHOLLY inappropriate reaction to all of Mate's hard work. They understand, once you shower them with accolades and love. The fall pictures are beautiful--and you're right. We'll need them, come February.

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    Pisces Party in Perth next year? (Or some other appropriately alliterative place in Australia...)
    I was thinking again about the post concerning numerical patterns and the unlikely amusement they give - my favorite is writing a check for an amount that is a famous date - you know, $10.66, $14.92 -
    I was good at math in school, though I didn't really enjoy it. But I think there is a pleasure in knitting that is mathematical. I'm constantly charmed that a piece of knitting is both a plane and a solid, that one can remove units from the plane and reinsert them at another place - I'm working on a reversible cable scarf right now. We all know about the Moebius strip scarves - maybe
    someday someone will knit a Klein (sp?) bottle!

     
  • At 8:51 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    He is an amazing DH. I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip and it will all be worth it!

     
  • At 3:39 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Enjoy the trip!!

    And DH is a real gem.

     
  • At 1:59 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oh, I love dogwoods in the fall. So many subtle color variations - I love that stuff!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home