Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, November 16, 2009

so I made it to work today

I left this:

Sleepy Ben kitty


Sleepy Fly kitty


Sleepy Candy kitty


And sleepy Pepper cat.


And I went out into the Monday morning.

The picture does not capture the force of the wind or the penetrating chill of the November damp.

I'm a good brave woman, I am!

And man, it was a darn good thing, too. One of the full-timers is on vacation, and naturally, this is the time that we get a new phone system that requires half a day of training. AND, for some reason, today, all the nuts fell out of the trees, and brought their mother-in-laws along for consultations. Bad enough trying to explain things to people who want the world to spin on their axis, but then you have to explain it to the MIL who doesn't have anything to do with it anyway.

I have no idea how to answer the phone at work, and I have to go in early to get set up for the Tuesday morning GEDs because no one had the time to pull a single file all day long. Too bad I don't get overtime for putting in a ten hour day. Oh, I am a GOOD brave woman!! That's OK. In two weeks, we are leaving for a week in Waikiki!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Yes, O mighty and brave Empress of the sky -- and file -- you ARE a wondrous woman! All hail!!!

     
  • At 9:16 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Good and Brave Roxie!

     
  • At 5:52 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And I think EVERY good, brave woman deserves a little Waikiki in her life! Expecially Roxie!

     
  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    you are indeed good and brave. I totally wimped out today after fighting intestinal distress all weekend and slogging through yesterday and stayed home today. Actually, Pk wouldn't wait for me. He told me to go back to bed because he was packing his lunch and leaving. I hadn't even showered yet so I could have gone to work unwashed but I went back to bed instead.

     
  • At 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It was rather interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

     
  • At 9:49 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    You are a very good and brave woman. Lucky, sleepy cats holding down the homefront.

     
  • At 3:35 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I'd be brave too if I was heading out in two weeks.

    Pet the kitties for me.

     
  • At 10:34 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Between the sleepy-eyed kitties and the dark gray November sky, I'm ready for a nap myself!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home