Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, November 14, 2009

checking in



This staying home sick all day is not as much fun as I thought it would be. It's the sick all day part that sucks. Since I have done nothing but lie on the sofa, sleep, whine, drink tea and take baths (the heat and steam opens even those stubborn sinuses behind the eyes) I have very little in the way of news to report. So I'll make something up.

The commando bunnies have entrenched themselves around our house and set out a full complement of pit traps and deadfalls to catch the unwary. The ninja ferrets, wiley and swift though they may be, are no match for the ingeniously balanced stepping stone over the cess pool, or the wire noose at the mailbox. The bunnies, of course, have numbers on their side, but the ferrets are remorseless and relentless. I have no idea why our yard should be the chosen location for their latest death match. It does make getting to work a bit of a trial, and the cats will scarcely quit watching the action long enough to pee. The senior bunny, with a damaged flopping ear held out of the way by a Rambo-esque headband, has just dashed across the back lawn wearing two bandoliers of grenades and headed for the ferrets stronghold under the tool shed. Where, you might ask, do bunnies get hand-grenades? Same place they got the machine gun no doubt. Kuh-FOOM! The corner of the toolshed lifts, then settles. Well that's not going to do the roof any good. Bet it leaks all over the lawnmower this winter. The lawn seems to wriggle as ferrets attempt to tunnel their way to safety.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh I love this! And MamaMia is coming over to read about the rambo bunnies and ninja ferrets. You should get sick more often.

    Cathay is a swanky airline, much like Singapore Air. Yes, go and enjoy!

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    OOOOOkayyyyyy....what kind of drugs, er..medication are you taking????????

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *Muahahahahahahaha...* When you feel better, I need you to track down a graphic artist to DRAW A PICTURE OF THAT COMMANDO BUNNY! The image of the battle will be giving me a good chuckle for the rest of the day! (But you need to feel better!)

     
  • At 4:22 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    (How high did you say your fever was?)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home