Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, November 20, 2009

Lo these many . . .

A while ago, Lyssa took a couple sections of her lusty Christmas cacti, wrapped them in tissue, and stuck them in an envelope to send to me. "Just stick the round end in the dirt." She said.

Look, they thrive! They bloom! It's Christmas!!!



Over the suummer I have been working at minimizing the stash, and sent some weaving yarns to Dave Daniels, the master fiber artist. He dyed some white yarn gorgeous colors, and did some color play. Didn't care for the purple on the outside of the warp, so cut it off. I spoke up and begged for the cast-off bits. (I have a fun scarf pattern knit lengthwise that uses short bits of yarn.)

So he wove a charming pink and tealish wool scarf and sent it to me! This is me all over. Oooo, ooo!





And when Abundant Yarn and Dyeworks went out of business, I picked up some alpaca and silk roving in a sophisticated gray that cried out for Dave's skillful spinning. It was an early Christmas gift.
He spun it up and sent it back. How - I do NOT know how he could have let that sensual elegance out of his hands. Heaven knows I won't. This may lead me into the viral pit of lace knitting. What a stunning scharf this would make with some steel beads in it. Definitely cruise wear worthy.
!!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Man, mine haven't bloomed yet this year! Then of course, they get watered and tended to barely enough to survive right now, so blooming might be a bit much to ask.

    That scarf is going to be gorgeous!

     
  • At 3:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:01 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Dave is buckets of awesome-- what a lovely scarf, and definitely Roxie worthy... (Purty yarn... mmm)

     
  • At 11:33 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Gorgeous scarf and yarn! You and Dave are two of the most talented people I've ever encountered. Hope you stay dry, cozy and crafty this weekend.

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love the pink and purple together. Weaving seems like magic to me. No, I don't actually want another fiber hobby, but I love the way woven things look.

    Talented man, that Dave.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home