Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, July 18, 2009

July joys.

The roses are so happy and lush! I got this one in full sun against shade. Happy accident!

The plum tree has two (2) plums ripening up on it. Translucent globes of sweet juicy summer. I dunno what kind they are. This tree is so willing! All it asks is a tiny bit of sunshine.

The garage door opener died and died so seriously that we couldn't get the door fully closed anymore. So DH used his Sears card and arranged to have it installed today. That meant, we had to - clean - the- garage! It wasn't THAT big a deal in actuality, but it took some serious decisiveness to get it started. And it required both of us because a lot of things required consultation. "Do you want to keep this?" "Geeze, I'd forgotten we even had that. If we've lived without it this long, we can continue to do so. Out it goes!"

We have a whole grocery box full of miscellaneous mystery cords. There is a drift of detritus three feet deep outside the door. There is now enough clear space to park my car! And the garage door goes up and down at the push of a button. All this before noon!

Then we went shopping, and happened to drive by Michaels Crafts with a big "CLEARANCE SALE" plastered across the front. We had to stop. I was strong. I bought some very inexpensive packs of blank notecards. Anyone want Roxie Original notecards for Christmas?

Now I am swinging in my sling chair under the old apple tree, wallowing in the warmth and satisfaction of a day well spent.


Tomorrow, I'll get to the loom again.

The yarn is Dave Daniels dyed. I've got about seven yards of warp. I just might make myself a wool blanket. Unless someone out there is smitten with hand-dyed, hand-woven yardage, all wool, and 15 inches wide? If you have an inspiration and you really love it, let me know. Mebbe we can mek a deel.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    How could one stitch the fabric together side by side to make it 45 inches wide and not have any 'bumpy seams'? Like for a tablecloth. My table is 36 in wide.

    Actually it would look lovely as a table runner or drapes at the sides of windows.

    Or a wrap to adorn a Roxie in splendor.

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Willow is right; it's perfect to wrap a Roxie in! 21 feet by 15 inches? Sounds like enough to make a jacket or a skirt to me.

     
  • At 2:37 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    How about a vest, with enough left over for for a matching scarf or skirt. It's beautiful.

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    And it's purrrrrr-ple!

     
  • At 11:10 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    A ruana or urban wrap... a little bit of sewing, a little bit of not sewing... you're done! So purty... Dave does the best yarn!

     
  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That is gorgeous! You took some beautiful yarn and turned it into some lovely fabric. You talented woman,you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home