Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Knitting and squees of glee

OK, so here's another scarf! Maybe I can hang on to this one. I wore it today and managed to bring it home.

I made a timid foray into beading and scattered a few subtle touches along the edge. They may be too subtle. What's the point of doing something that no one will notice?

Then, at the end of my weekly 9 hour day, I got home to find a completely unexpected gift from Heide.
pamper stuff (the bath salts smell delicious!)

A nice letter telling me that her beloved husband adores his Willy Warmer and shows it to every adult entering the house,

AND . . .
Socks! Noro socks! She says, "Unfortunately, the dyers at Noro decided to liven the mix by adding some unexpected colors in a non-sequential order (the OCD part of me is still twitching). Luckily though the tops match and if you need to go out while wearing them, then shoes or boots will hide the non-conformity. And should those dreaded raccoons come back to renew their orgy then you can shake your one pink foot at them angrily."

Oh, Heide, I ADORE my socks in all their idiosyncratic glory! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am tickled to giddiness and want to wear my socks to work today, but they are predicting 90degrees. But soon. Soon, I will kick up my cozy toes in reckless abandon and astound the general public. And now, I will go wallow in their glory. Thank you a thousand times!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    You are very welcome. The shawl is beautiful. If you think the edge needs more beads is there a way to maybe add a knitted border with more beads? Not that it needs a border mind you, but it's important to love what you make.

     
  • At 9:38 AM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    Oh Roxie, You have a wonderful way with words . . . and yarn and just about anything you turn your talent to. I hope you are enjoying the sun, being here in the Rogue Valley has increased my quotient of sun in a very positive way. It is hard to remember living in humid, and often cloudy Milwaukie. I do miss my friends and am trying to see them on my trips north.
    Enjoy those loverly sockies too.

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nice gifts to just show up. The scarf is lovely. Maybe next time it can find itself another home. :)

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    Ah, Noro - My girl K., some years ago, bought me one skein of Noro to make fingerless mitts for her. Plenty of yarn - but the 2nd half of the skein was very different from the first. I bought a 2nd skein and turned the leftovers into a coordinating but not quite matching grunge (you know, square w/ corner tassels) hat.
    Love the socks!

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oooohh... so purty... lovely socks, and a pamper kit... after gifting us w/the adventures of Intarsia & Fargo, I think no one deserves pampering more!

     
  • At 10:07 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I am so happy someone decided to pamper you. The socks are lovely and surprises are always fun.

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Noro makes interesting socks. The ones I made turned out to match (quite unexpected since I had heard all about Noro). I love the colors in the shawl. It looks cool and soft.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home