Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

I can't hold on to these scarves

As I intended, I wore my new scarf to work yesterday. In the hall I passed a young woman who was just as cute as a button. Bright eyes and darling outfit with an adorable tailored cropped vest. We made eye contact, smiled at one another. "That is such a cute vest." I said.

"Ross for $3," she replied, lighting up like a halogen bulb. "And I LOVE your scarf! It's exactly the colors in my wedding. My gown is cream and this green, and I made a vest for my husbabnd out of this shade of blue. Where did you get it?"

"I made it," I told her, beaming with pride and unwrapping it from my neck. "It's bamboo and tencell." I held it out so she could feel.

"Bamboo? Oh how wonderful! My wedding is going to be all 'green.' I've been looking for a shrug to go with my gown since the wedding is on Halloween."

I draped the scarf around her shoulders. She was tiny and it was just big enough to be a sweet little shawl. "Would this work?" I asked her.

Hey, I love weddings, she loved the scarf, and the way her face lit up was worth every stitch.

11 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Aw, that's SO sweet of you. She must have been beaming and smiling from ear to ear!
    That's one of the things I love about you, your ability to make people happy, no matter who they are.

     
  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    So sweet are the words I thought, too! You have always been generous like that. Mary still has things you gave her.

     
  • At 3:16 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    The givers of the world make us SO glad. You may never know the goodness you set in motion. What a sweetie pie indeed!!!

     
  • At 3:35 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Before I read it all I KNEW you were going to give it to her!!! That is just the kind of person you are!!!! I bet she will cherish it and write down in her memoirs that incident!! A story to tell her children and grand-children!!

     
  • At 9:31 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That's our big-hearted, crafty, colorful Roxie! Bless you--that's an awesome story!

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Awwwww!

     
  • At 5:28 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Thankyou, you made my heart sigh. That was a Very Good Thing and definitely a wonderful way to spread yarny goodness.

    I loved your quote on my blogiversary. I'm torn between giggling and wanting to scrath my scalp!

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That's sweet! You have the kindest heart.

     
  • At 3:54 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    You are one of the nicest people I know, Roxie! I hope it all comes back to you tenfold!

     
  • At 12:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    R.
    You send such ripples of pure joy out into the universe. What a precious gift. You are love.
    Barb

     
  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You rock. That was a perfect gesture.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home