Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Radio drama - episode 3

Supermodel Intarsia, her fiancee Fargo FairIsle, and her ward Pur Twotogether have found their way to the castle of the Baroness Typeopositive where a bus-load of Italian tourists are spending the night. The Baroness, thrilled to have such a celebrity in her home, does all she can to make them welcome, even providing costumes for the masquerade planned for the evening. We join them as they pepare to go down to dinner.

Purl: Intarsia, are you ready?

Intarsia: Almost, Purl. Could you help me cinch up this corset? Just haul on the laces while I exhale,then tie them good and tight. (Whoofs out her breath.)

Purl: Just a minute. Don't breathe yet. There, I've got it.

Intarsia: (gasps) Thatta girl! Thanks, Purl. Fargo never gets the knots tight enough and halfway through the evening, things start to loosen up. Your costume is darlilng! That shade of crimson really suits you. But it needs a touch of jewelry. Here, try this silver choker.

Purl: Oooooo - totally Goth! With this big collar, tight pants, and flowy sleeves, I look like an evil fairy. And red seems to be the theme tonight. Your dress is - vermillion?

Intarsia: Absolutely. I'll never figure how they got the leather corset and the silk skirts dyded exactly the same shade. I look like a bloody mermaid. Which necklace?

Purl: The black pearls with the crucifix. It's just the right length!

(Knock knock)

Purl: I'll get the door. Hi Fargo! You look like a maroon monk.

FArgo: Hi Purl. You look wicked good yourself. Are you ladies ready?

Intarsia: Fargo, dear, why are you carrying your golf clubs?

Fargo: Have you seen a lock on any of these doors? I'm not leaving my precious clubs to be carried off by the first set of sticky fingers that wanders by. And these Italian tourists are in and out of each other's rooms like a flock of couckoos in a Bavarian clock shop.

Purl: Yeah, I don't like the looks of some of them. Like they're licking their chops or something.

(GONG!)

Intarsia: That's the dinner bell. Shall we go?

Fargo: And another thing, how come there's electric lights in the bedrooms, but only candles here in the hall?

Purl: It creates atmosphere and hides the stains on the carpet.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:47 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Keep it coming!

     
  • At 9:12 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OMG-- "Red" & "Vermillion" --"If you don't tie the knots tight enough, it begins to loosen up!" The knitter in me is dying... and the reader in me is dying for more!

     
  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Mt dear, you are a pure delight. I'm thoroughly enjoying this story.

     
  • At 5:19 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Oops, that should be, "My" dear, not Mt.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home