Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, July 05, 2009

quiet weekend

We stayed away from the fireworks shows, and our neighborhood idiots seem to have taken their idiocy elsewhere, so there were no explosions, no fires, and no ambulance sirens to disturb our rest. The fourth was nice and warm, and I got a lot of weaving accomplished. Just another yard or so to go. Then I'm going to tie on a wool warp.


Meanwhile, Fly cat spent all day sunday hiding in our rose bush. DH snapped this photo with the caption, "Find the Sniper."

And I finished a bit more knitting.
A nice bamboo and tencel yarn dyed by Teresa Ruch. A simple mitered triangle scarf with a ruffled edge and a bit of "Use up the last of it" turquoise for trim.

Think I'll wear it to work tomorrow - anti-air-conditioner accessory.

11 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Wow you are a busy busy lady. I have connected with a spinner and weaver through a mutual friend, right here in my town! Yay!

     
  • At 11:51 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    THAT IS SO PRETTY!
    I FOUND A KNIT SHAWL PATTERN AT THIS SITE: http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=209024

    IT IS SO PRETTY AND THE COLORS ARE GREAT! MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE PATTERN!

     
  • At 1:23 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    thank god for absent idiots!

    That's a gorgeous piece!

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Glad your idiots let you sleep. Sadly that wasn't the case at our house. We are those idiots! We were done by midnight. :)

    The scarf is cute!

     
  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Gorgeous scarf. I love being pleasantly cool as much as the next guy, but when buildings give you ice cream headaches in the middle of July it may be a sign that the ac has gone a bit far. Have a wonderful week.

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Em said...

    Isn't it frustrating to have to find a comfortable way to dress so that you don't swelter outside walking to the building, or freeze solid once you're inside the building? The scarf is gorgeous, the turquoise perks it up wonderfully!

     
  • At 8:29 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I always laugh as I leave work and take off the sweater that lives on the back of my chair to go outside. It's more than a tad chilly in here at the moment.

    That Theresa has such a good eye for the color.

     
  • At 10:06 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    A quiet weekend away from the idiots is a good thing. I didn't brave the crowds & heat to see my husband's band on the 4th. He got treated for heat exhaustion which affirmed my decision!

    Glad to know your neck will be warm today and the colors are wonderful.

     
  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Sniper Cat Says, "I'm in ur bushes, scoping ur head shot."

    The scarf-shawl is pretty, I love the colors. What a nice way to spend a quiet weekend! Mine was full of idiots at work, even if there weren't any at home.

     
  • At 12:35 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh... Teresa does nice work... I've got a lovely skein you sent me that I look at and stroke every once in a while... your lovely scarf makes me want to stop cosseting it and start knitting it!

     
  • At 12:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    There were plenty of firecrackers in my neighborhood. We laugh at how the illegal fireworks are everywhere. I have to admit that we have fights with those "pop-its" that snap when you throw them on concrete.
    Yes, we're idiots. But life is fun.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home