Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Workouts!

It's important to exercise those little grey cell, you know. Our friend and fellow knitter - Jejune, AKA Denise Sutherland - has written a wonderful workout book for the brain.

http://www.amazon.com/Word-Searches-Dummies-Sports-Hobbies/dp/0470453664/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229328040&sr=1-1

Word searches for dummies! Is this too cool for school or what? She gives you hints on how to work the puzzles, tips on techniques, and gradually makes them harder, just like a physical trainer at the gym. And just when you might start getting bored with one routine, she varies the workout. I had no idea there were so many kinds of word searches! Finally, she tops it all off by telling you how to build your own wordsearch puzzles. Can you imagine making personalized word searches for your friends and family? What an awesome present! And the price is right too. The only significant investment is your time and thought. In today's economy, what a grand idea for a gift! Especially for folks who have everything and don't need another knick-knack or u-dust'em to clutter the house. Make grandma a puzzle with the names of all her grandkids and the cities they live in. Make Aunt Marge a puzzle with the names of all the places she has gone to dry out. Hmmm- maybe not. Give your favorite fashionista a puzzle with designer labels. Or the names of America's next top model. I 'm getting out my graph paper, my pencil and a honking big eraser right now!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    The first grade teachers make word searches for each week's spelling words. The kids love them!

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I used to make word searches all the time when I was teaching. They were subject related and were good for using up small bits of time during class.

     
  • At 4:39 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Thank you for your lovely review, Roxie!!! Writing your own puzzles is indeed a great deal of fun!!

     
  • At 12:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, you know how I'm trying to keep my brain cells alive, so thanks for a great site. And fun too.
    Barb

     
  • At 11:53 AM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    I love word searches. It uses lots of the brain cells because you are looking for spelling, relationship and directions all at the same time. I will have to take a look at that book!
    ML

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home