Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This is a knitting blog after all

Here's a cozy little thermal layer to put on under a blazer when I work at the jail. All I need now is eight little buttons. That off-center closing has a sort of Korean flavor to it. I was just looking for something to keep my chest covered.

And I need a few more pairs of mittens. This pair is a good start. I now have fantasies of simultaneously knitting a pair of mittens and a matching hat on a 40" circular needle. Not all of my fantasies are capable of being realized, but this one has potential.

DH is all better, and off to the gym. I begged off. I don' wanna! (she whines in a practiced nasal voice that makes you want to squeeze your ears like fists to shut the noise out.)

Instead, I am going to put my feet up for ten minutes, savor my tea, enjoy the early morning light on the lawn. Then I gotta get dressed and head to work. I treasure a few minutes of intensive leisure!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I am half ready for next winter. I have one thrummed mitten completed and one started. I put them away because it got warm but perhaps I should finish them before it gets cold.

    I enjoy my few minutes before I leave for work each morning. I eat and read and it's all about the peaceful start to the day.

     
  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Winter? That is a really nasty six letter word. I don't wanna hear it! I've barely made it to spring.

    However, I 'could' enjoy that little side opening vest. Do you ever write down patterns?

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Good morning! I LOVE the colors of your vest. I've still not mastered two pairs of socks at once. If you manage two mittens and a hat then you should be entered into Guiness.

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    The colors of your new chest cover are beautiful. It is a shame to cover it up with a blazer!

    I keep thinking I should be starting on Christmas knitting by the 4th of July. Maybe some small things like fingerless mitts and socks that aren't too hot to work on in summer.

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Pretty yarn in the little wrap.

     
  • At 8:17 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I saw the time on your post (6:12 AM!) and my jaw dropped!! WAYYYYYYY too early for me! I have always been a night owl and apparently you get up with the roosters!

     
  • At 6:55 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Walking laps in the pools does count as cardio.

     
  • At 1:48 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- I love the ribbed mittens-- so classy in the aran color! And the vest--mmmm.... very classy! (Now my kid would put a hood on that, but I like the thought of it under a blazer...)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home