Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 22, 2009

Frist Monday of summer'09

Dh was up and at'em at five AM, so we betook ourselves to the gym. I said, "Now don't overdo." Then I could have smacked myself in the forehead. Talk about a sure way to encourage him to prove how fit he really is. I need to learn to keep my stupid mouth closed. He is now flopped on the sofa, feeling rather pale and queasy.

I got in 30 min on the treadmill at 3.8mph. OK, so it was really 28.5 minutes. I started the morning with a cup of applesauce and drank two bottles of water while exercising. Then a nice owl of oatmeal when I got home, so I should be set for the day. Of course, I DO have to change into work clothes and put on some makeup before I head for work in 2 hours. Think I could squeeze in a nap?

I'm knitting and I have the loom set up. Dave Daniels has initiated a weaver's exchange. Weave at least two yards of cotton fabric and send it to your partner who will then use one yard to make something for you. (You get to keep the other yard.)The constructor can use additional fabrics, buckles, buttons, whatever! I want to use up some linen warp on the loom, then warp up with cotton. I'll do photos for the process if you want. Or check back in my blog and find the series on, "The old pro weaves."

Nothing exciting, nothing profound. Life is good, the sun is shining, and my i-pod earbuds work in the entertainment equipment at the gym. May you have a swell day!

10 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I started my day with breakfast out and a short walk on the beach. Now I have to return to real life. Tomorrow.

     
  • At 1:02 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I am having an excellent day, and looking forward to seeing fabric.

     
  • At 1:26 PM , Blogger Em said...

    So far, my day has been pretty swell. The sun is occasionally out, I have the house mostly to myself, and I was able to be gently productive. Good stuff all around. I hope you got your nap in this morning. It's perfectly acceptable to skip the makeup in order to sleep more. Sleep is a free, natural beauty treatment. The clothes are a bit less negotiable, though...

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Weaving? I've not succumbed to that fiber art. Yet. It sounds like a fun swap. I'd be interested in seeing what you do.

     
  • At 9:21 PM , Blogger Rose said...

    Weaving, quilting, spinning yarn, knitting, writing, exercising.....you sure do keep busy.

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    OMG 3.8 MPH? I can barely tolerate 3.0 - 3.3.

    Hope you day was swell.

     
  • At 2:17 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    ok you have to explain to me how you can drink a cup of applesauce!

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I'm impressed with anyone who goes to the gym!

    I think we need pictures of the weaving process. It's always fascinating to see how your projects come together.

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Sounds like you did as well! (You'd be so proud of me-- I made an aqua aerobics class yesterday!)

     
  • At 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    AAAKK! Are you one of the people who stand at the gym door until Wendy opens it at 5:too-early-in-the-morning?

    Now I know why I never see you at the gym.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home