Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, June 21, 2009

First day of summer, '09

It's seasonably cool and wet for the fisrt day of summer. Webfoot Racer had a solstice party at her house last night, giving me a chance to make the pasta salad and attend. DH stayed home and nursed his stinkin' cold. He's much better today, though still not feeling perky. At least he's not missing time off from work for this. And when I make pig noises at him, he just gives me a long-suffering look, so I don't think he has swine flu. Thank God!!

Webfoot Racer used to be a stock car racer. She is now a landscaper and a kick-ass writer. Her parties are superbly well planned. She had set up awnings against the persistent mizzle, and multiple fire-baskets to ward off the chill. She had also provided goodie bags for the little kids to keep them occupied so they wouldn't bug the grownups. There were bubble wands andstick-on tattoos and glow-wands and stuff. The kids, however, were having much more fun playing with the fires. I came across an abandoned package of tattoos and went for it. Pretty soon, most of the adult women had a stick-on tattoo somewhere unobtrusive. A butterfly on the hip or a celtic knot on the nape of the neck or a flying scarab on the shoulder. The guys were easier to persuade. I gave one fellow a flaming eyeball in the center of his forehead and another guy had a bulldog on his neck behind his left ear. I slept in my tattoo. Pretty edgy, don'tcha think? I gotta get some of these stick-ons! This is just wayyyy too much fun!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I have some stick on tattoos somewhere that somehow ended up at my house (children?).

    Happy First Day of Summer!

     
  • At 4:34 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Sounds like a wonderful party.

    The Goober has temp tattoos and thinks they are quite fascinating.

     
  • At 5:10 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Thanks for the wonderful review, Roxie! And now that the party is over, I actually have time to read the blogs again. :)Thanks for bringing the pasta salad.

     
  • At 6:39 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    When I got the tattoo on my wrist, everyone asked if it was 'real'. I guess I was too conservative for anyone to think I'd actually go through with it. And then they'd rub it. If it had been fake, it wouldn't have lasted to long!

     
  • At 11:19 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    A party with tattoos! That sounds like lots of fun. You look like a regal and mystic elf queen. Hope your DH is feeling better soon.

     
  • At 3:42 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Edgy. :)

     
  • At 6:15 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    I would totally be playing with the fire baskets too. Though I think most of my goodies would end up in the fire baskets... I like to burn things to see what happens to them. It's a bit of a pyromaniacal hobby of mine.

    Happy first day of summer! Ours was wet and rainy, too.

     
  • At 1:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the tat. R.

    I was having a bad, bad day, and you took care of me.
    You are a blessing.
    Thank you.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home