Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, May 22, 2009

I made this.

This is one of those things that happens when you just follow your fancy. I had this gorgeous hand-dyes bamboo yarn from Teresa Ruch and, not having a project in mind, I cast on for one of my beloved mitered triangle shawls. Cast on two. Increase in each stitch - 4 stitches. Increase in the first stitch, k1, place marker,inc in next stitch, knit1. Turn. increase in first stitch and first stitch after marker till it's big enough.

But this gets pretty boring. So after I had garterstitched untill I was sick of it, and the ball of yarn was NOT getting smaller (Teresa gives awesome yardage) I decided that what I wanted was a small scarf with a ruffle. So I increased in each stitch for the next two rows. Then I carried on with stockinette stitch for two inches, and even though there was STILL a quarter of a ball of yarn left, I decided it was just big enough and bound off.

Isn't that ruffle pretty? And the bamboo drapes soooo nicely!

Lots of ways to wear it, too. It even does duty as a small shawl. I am just STYLIN' today!!

By the way, speaking of stylin' Kate remarked that she cringes at finding she has navy socks with black pants. I once went to work wearing one navy and one black shoe- Almost the same style. Didn't notice till my first bathroom break and then decided to see if anyone would mention. No one did. People don't really pay that much attention to one another on a daily basis. Besides, on "What not to Wear" they espouse wearing black, brown and navy together. All my shoes are black now - except for the silly ones.

11 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Gorgeous shawl. You are so amazingly talented and fast too. At knitting, I don't know if you're fast in other ways. Enjoy a lovely weekend.

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I am SO impressed by that lovely shawl! I once wore two different white tennishoes to work. The class that figured that out was really cute about it.

     
  • At 5:52 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Lovely!! I <3 the colors.

     
  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I love how the ruffle came out and the color is beautiful.

    I used to by the same shoes in both navy and black but no longer (for the same reason)I have been known to do one brown and one black which is more obvious.

     
  • At 6:56 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Oh I love it. You are so clever!

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You make such lovely things! I still enjoy the "hugs" I get from the shawl you made for me in pinks!
    I often wore it during the winter with my kitties cuddled up to me. It was so warming!

     
  • At 8:16 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I am really impressed! Love it!

     
  • At 3:47 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    You're right - the combination of pattern and yarn makes for impressive drape. Lovely : )

    OK, striking out from the fashion don'ts, what about the innate craving for red shoes? Or is this just something that only I suffer from?

     
  • At 4:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It's beautiful Rox!!!

     
  • At 4:04 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    ooh it's just gorgeous Roxie. That colour is fabulous on you.

     
  • At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is beautiful. The colors are stunning. You're a creative gal.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home