Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring photos

Here's a wool and mohair shawl I knitted during GED testing this week. Size 10 1/2 needles and a brainless mitered pattern makes it just fly! I'll give it to Medical Team International, and they'll give it to someone who is cold. Maybe an earthquake victim in Italy? Maybe a refugee in Romania? Maybe not. It's definitely not cold around here today. If you listen very, very closely (and stay vewy, vewy quiet) you can hear a tiny fusillade of buds popping open and unfurling. Cottonwood trees have leafed out between dawn and afternoon. Apple blossoms are exploding and the ornamental cherry trees are frothing like pink alkaseltzers.

The magnolias are happy!

And don't my daffodills look nice with the sun behind them?

Amy Lane came up with a meme that I have been very dilatory about.

1. If you could eat ANYTHING at THIS VERY MOMENT what would you be stuffing your face with?

Watermelon - sweet and cold and dribbling juice down my chin and all over my swimsuit so I have to go run through the sprinklers to wash it off.

2. If you could warp the space time continuum and start and finish a project in an hour, what would it be (and what color would it be?)

A Faire Isle cardigan done with Dave Daniels' gorgeous hand-died yarns.

3. What was the weirdest thing to happen to you all day?

Wierd? Gues that would have had to be that woman I saw in the mirror this morning.

4. What was the funniest thing someone said to you today?

"I think my cat is lying to me"

5. What was today's songworm?

the 1812 Overture played by a Klezmer band.

6. What was the thing you did today you were proudest of?

got another chapter written

7. What was the dumbest thing you did today?

Looked at someone's driver's license and called him by the wrong name. - DUH!

8. What was the most same ol' same ol'?

Getting to work before anyone else in the office.

9. What was the best thing about your region today?

Spring! Spring, spring, springspringspringggg!

10. What color was your day, and would you knit a project with it?

My day was yellow and chartreuse and white, and I would love to knit a project with it. Bright, fresh and soo happy!

How about you?

4 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    What a lovely spring day to knit! Once again this year (has it really been a year) I'm enjoying spring vicariously with you.

    Darn that watermelon sounds good.

     
  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    i love the idea of a simple shawl like that. Gorgeous.

    Ah, magnolias and daffodils.Lovely.

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The 1812 Overture by a klezmer band? My imagination is working overtime!

    That is a lovely, lovely shawl. And the alien baby sweater you made for Em is wonderful. With a few bells, it would make a wonderful winter hat.

     
  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- the shawl is lovely, and so is your spring! Thanks for the me me--I've gotten SUCH a kick out of reading these!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home