Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April showers

All day it's been cool and rainy. Good for the complexion, good for the greenery, good for the moss and the mildew and the ducks. I'm so glad it's not snowing!! Bless the poor folks in the midwest!

On with more quilt piecing. I don't actually sew one square at a time. I practice chain piecing.
You don't lift the presser foot, but just slip the next square right in after the first one. And then the third, the fourth, . . .

You wind up with a string of pieces all joined together like paper dolls. Then you clip them apart and go for it again.

At last we get to step two.
Sew the strip to the square.


then do it again.

And after pressing, it's time to square things up.

Tomorrow, step three!

But in the meantime, knitting has been going on. A quick angora scarf. It's just a whisper of warmth. I get a fair ammount of knitting time while I proctor GEDs.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I'm looking forward to having a bit of time to knit a little more--can't knit while teaching first graders. But Spring Break is coming!

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Okay, I'm going to have to see your chain quilt technique. I pieced on square and sewed it on an apron. I couldn't get the points to match exactly. It wouldn't have won any ribbons at the 4-H show, but it keeps the spatters off me just fine. I'd like to learn a faster technique. Your hands are always busy creating beauty.
    Barb

     
  • At 6:24 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love the fabric in the middle of the square. Oriental and delicate looking.

     
  • At 11:14 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Granny used to chain stuff together when she was making shirts.

     
  • At 5:52 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Lovely pictures... and you're making me want to quilt again!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home