Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

April glee

It's sunny and warm and it was yesterday and the day before and it won't be tomorrow. "Enjoy it while you can!" is the motto of the day. Yesterday, for the last test of the day, we had 16 people signed up, and 5 actually showed up. Five men wh had been laid off and needed that GED to apply for jobs so they could support their families. Anyone who did not have someone else's well-being dependent on them was out farting aaround in the sunshine. God knows I would have done so if I could. Walking around campus is almost Felliniesque, what with young Goths stricken with spring and courting amid the blossoming bushes. And grown men shedding their suit coats and sprawling in the grass. And co-workers who have been swathed chin to toes all winter long, suddenly displaying unimagined tattoos on newly bared arms and legs.

I've been remiss on my memes. Crafty time. The first five people to respond will get a gift made by me expressly for them. It may be a tin of cookies or a mohair peterheater or an embroidered dishtowel. Within a year.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Ah, the sunshine. I wish I had some now!

     
  • At 1:20 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    What excellent timing I have, for a change.

    As I age I find myself getting crabbier about love in bloom.
    That is no country for old men. The young
    In one another's arms, birds in the trees...


    Rain figures prominently in our current weather forecast, which is, after all, as it should be. A riddle for you: April showers bring May flowers; what do May flowers bring?

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It was warm enough today to have the window down on the drive home! I say lets keep the sunshine, for a while at least.

     
  • At 3:20 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    A mohair peter heater! Whoo hoo, I'd love one of those! The sunshine has felt so wonderful that everyone in the greater Portland area has indeed shed their winter attire. The female teachers where I work have all sported floral skirts, open-toed sandals and pedicures these past few days (I think they all shop in the same place). Tomorrow they'll all be back to corduroy pants and Danskos. Cheers!

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    If I'm number 5, can I pick my gift? I'd like one of your quilts, LOL! Oh, well, I suppose I would settle for homemade cookies, or one of those snazzy aprons.

     
  • At 8:55 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Yes, it's days like that that make me glad I'm a landscaper!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home