Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, March 02, 2009

So much to be grateful for

Janette in Oz sent me an apron for my birthday! It's such fun - pink and green and three different fabrics with a pocket which is absolutely essential in an apron, don't you think? It just delights me no end and I plan on wearing it to the big Mar. 14 knitting soiree. Squeee!! This is not your mother's apron!

I have finally finished the last of my sewing frenzy and gotten the machine put away. Here is a comforter I made from orange and brown napkins picked up at an estate sale for $3. For batting, I used a machine-washable sleeping bag that has lived, unused, in our garage for fifteen years and has been in my posession for some fifteen years before that. I ripped off the zipper, and it makes a cushy comforter batt.

Using a precious quarter yard of art-deco print fabric in tan and peach, with some grey trouser scraps, and the last of my random batt scraps, I made yet another tea cozy. Daphne doesn't care as much for this one since it doesn't set off her own personal beauty as well, but I think it's rather elegant.

Signs of spring! The neighbor's weeping pussywilos just beginning to bud out. Guess it's in the kittenwillow stage right now.

Signs of spring! The daffs are stretching and swelling, growing eager to bloom. Any day, now! Any day.

Blessings on all you folks who are under the weather, figuratively or literally. How unfair is it that the East coast is getting hammered with yet more snow, and my daphne's are starting to bloom? It's like TOTALLY!

You can come visit me any old time. Just be sure to wear your boots, because it's the dust bunny mating season right about now, and you never know when a lust-stricken stud bunny may mistake your leg for the object of his affections. And persistent? You may THINK it's just a wad of cat hair stuck to your cuff, but oh no. It's bunny love! Now, for gosh sakes, don't let one follow you home. The breed of dustbunnies inhabiting my house is particularly fecund and robust. Let just one of those little studs loose in your place, and there'll be little bunlets popping up all over no matter HOW good a housekeeper you are. I used to be an adequate housekeeper, but now I am a broken woman, and slob is my middle name. And (Shudder) I think - in my sleep - well - what else could explain the way my hair is starting to behave? I mean, if that Polish boy could turn into a giant cockroach, why wouldn't my hair turn into a giant dust bunny?

8 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I love your sense of humor. Dust bunnies! Oh my! We have new carpets and we get blue carpet bunnies which The New Boy likes to chew on.

    Ohh! Kittenwillows! I like it!

     
  • At 6:17 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Just as I thought - you look fabulous in it! xx

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Dust bunnies are less important than all the lives you touch with your quilting and fiber arts!

    Love the apron - it looks most elegant and yet practical.

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger Em said...

    I tried to find your e-mail address to thank you for stopping by my blog to say hi, but didn't have much luck, so I will have to thank you a little more publicly. Thanks! The moral support I've gotten lately has been amazing. Also, if you would care to knit one, a shawl would be most appreciated. I am never one to turn down offers of knitted love! Mostly, the call for knitted love was aimed at Momolla, since she's a sweet lady and it's easy to extort love from her. :)

    Also, way back before the whole alien lung baby mess started, I read Sanna Meets Dauntless Swiftsure and I didn't want the book to be over! I've read quite a lot of fantasy in my time, and yours is one of the absolute best I've ever read. I'd meant to mention it a while back, but I've been a little distracted of late.

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Oh such a cute apron! You look fabulous in it!

     
  • At 4:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ha ha, June Cleaver ain't got nothin' on you! Your hair looks great longer, I like it.
    And, as for dust bunnies, they have a right to life, too.

     
  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Dust bunnies are coming hooray hooray! (Proliferating dust bunnies--I'll be chuckling all day tomorrow!) And Happy Birthday, Roxie! What lovely projects you have made:-)

     
  • At 6:47 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    You have such a warped sense of humor. In a good way, of course. Lustful dustbunnies. That will be rolling around in the back of my brain all day. And all this time I thought it was dog hair.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home