Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I have no shame

It's my birthday today. I am fifty nine years old. Yayyyyy! I have been having a grand day. I got marvelous e-cards first thing in the morning. (Dimples and curtsies. Thank you Paul!)The LYS has a bin where you can leave unloved yarn, and I had some boucle sock yar that was elastic and too fricking annoying to knit with, so I dropped it off. I happened to mention to the proprietor that it was my birthday and she told me that, on your birthday, you get a free beverage and 15% off you purchase. Well, I had already planned on a cup of tea, but I HADN'T planned on buying anything. I'm trying to divest, not invest. But as I walked in the door, this lovely merino sliver called out to me. And for 15% off . . . and it's my birthday . . .

Oh, what the hell - it was less than fifteen dollars, and it was pink and purple. And it already knew my name. How can I resist a dear,fluffly, soft little twist of roving calling my name in sweet, entreating tones? A man will buy something he needs, when he needs it, at the price asked. A woman will buy something she doesn't need if she gets a good sale on it.

I headed off to the college for the writer's group. As I walked into the building, there were a bunch of guys standing around smoking. I grinned at them and said, "Hi, guys. Tell me I look wonderful."

They all grinned back and obligingly mumbled, "You look wonderful."

"Thanks," I beamed. "It's my fifty ninth birthday."

"Fifty nine?" One of the older guys said, "Hell, you look hot!"
I do, don't I? Dh bought me a new outfit and I am just swanning around in it. (Sings) I feel pretty! Oh so pretty! I feel pretty and witty and bright!

Cupcakes for women writers

1 box Pillsbury white cake mix
4 eggs
1/3 c oil
1 cup Christian Brother's Golden Sherry. DO not, for God's sake, use the $30 a bottle Dry Sack. It does not work and play well with cake mix.

Combine ingredients and spoon into greased mini muffin pans. Bake at 350 for 15 - 18 min. Frosting is not necessary. Be sure to lick the bowl thoroughly. Don't share with the kids.

16 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yep. You look wonderful! Fantastic!

    I hope someone tells me I look wonderful in 13 days.

     
  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Happy Birthday! I hope I look that good at 59 :D

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Yep, you do look great, but it's hard to see sometimes behind that fabulous personality of yours!!!

    Have a great day! xx

     
  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    You do look hot! What a great outfit.

    Hope you had the wonderful birthday you are so deserving of.

     
  • At 6:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Dude-- you look HOT! YOu must really take their breath away at the college (both for your spunk and your splendid 'swanning':-)

     
  • At 6:53 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And seriously-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

     
  • At 7:41 PM , Blogger Paul said...

    Darling! In the dictionary next to the word "hot" is your picture! Happy Birthday!!!

     
  • At 4:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    You and your new outfit look fabulous.
    And I still like your hair long like that.

     
  • At 4:59 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Hey! It was my husband's birthday, too! He got a homemade peach pie and was nice enough to share. And it was warm enough to fire up the charcoal grill for the first time, mmmmm.

     
  • At 5:19 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Happy Birthday!!! I had a hard time turning 50 but now that I am officially "in my early 50's", I enjoy people telling me "you're how old?" DH has good taste. You look fabulous.

     
  • At 6:35 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Happy Birthday! You are gorgeous and definitely look decades younger than the 59 that you claim. Your outfit is spectacular and the roving was necessary. Cheers!

     
  • At 8:19 AM , Blogger B said...

    Happy Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Hippo Birdie Two Ewes!

    You are hot, and you have no shame; that's why we love you, Roxie!

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So THAT'S what was in those muffins. The were damn good.

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    (belated) happy birthday!

     
  • At 4:48 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    I love your confidence Roxie! Happy belated birthday!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home