Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

mine's longer than yours

What? My Christmas celebration is still going on. See - mine IS longer than yours!

Janette in Oz sent me a Christmas present in lots of time to get here before mid-December, but Australian Customs likes to mess with the things that get sent between us, so the present wound up back at her hous in Late January. Being the feisty woman she is, she sent it right back out, and finally we have outdone the customs badgers! Janette knows how I love china, so she sent me this gorgeous Lilac-patterned cup, saucer and desert plate. JUST the ticket for a party of the Portland Purls.

And the ladies are meeting at my house again this Saturday. The theme this month is birthday parties. We all have 'em, so let's celebrate together. Everyone brings a small wrapped present, and we all put them in a basket, then you get to pick a present you didn't bring, so everyone gets to unwrap a gift. I was going to get tiaras for everyone, but holy crow, they want three dollars for a crappy plastic one and there will be eleven of us. At least. SOME people (Lynn, Susan and Jenny) can't be bothered to let me know if they are coming, even with multiple promptings. Serve them right if I didn't have a place for them to sit or a cupcake to serve them.

Actually, I won't be making cupcakes after all. DH bought me a baking tin with little individual shortcake type cups. I'm going to make individual gingerbreads and fill them with lemon curd and yogurt cheese. And I'll make shortbread cookies filled with jam, and mini quiches with smoked salmon, and scones. Oh, and ambrosia. You know - that orange and coconut desert. DH says it needs to have whipped cream and marshmallows, but I think I'll pass on that. Oranges, pineapple, coconut - that oughta do. Nice and light. Tea and coffee. Balloons. Am I forgetting anything? YOu can come if you want. Just let me know!

12 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I wish I could come. I would like to come. Please send me a plane ticket.

     
  • At 8:44 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    One of these days I might just make it to one of your parties :-)

    It all sounds just loverly.

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh--all of that! And tiaras too? I'll come! I'll come!!!! (*sigh* Okay... I'm come in spirit!)

     
  • At 2:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jenny and I will be there. You sent notices? Did I miss them? Of course I did. Or maybe you just think you sent them?

     
  • At 5:11 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Like Amy, I'll be there in spirit. The shortbreads sound delicious and ambrosia is one of my favorite spring salads. I only make it maybe once a year but I love it. And yes, balloons are a must. MY inner three year old loves balloons.

     
  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That sounds lovely. Too bad I won't make it.

    The tea set is lovely. Better keep it away from Daphine.

     
  • At 8:50 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    One of these days I will have to visit Portland so I can come to a tea party! That sounds like so much fun.

     
  • At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Somewhere packed away at church are pageant costumes, including tiaras - probably Rainbow Girls/ Eastern Star relics.(I pulled one out for the [female] King Saul to wear for our All Souls dramatic reading of the Witch of Endor.Usually the Magi wear them.) Me, I was 4-H. No tiaras, but I can bake!
    No present or former women's-auxillary-Masonic types in the group? No mommies with years of Burger King paper crowns squirreled away for school plays or dress-up? No stash of tissue crowns from Christmas crackers? (I'm araid I just recently recycled this past year's.)
    In any case, see you Sat. I'm looking forward to it.

     
  • At 5:46 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Missed your birthday. I think I was in a snowbank or something. Happy Belated!

     
  • At 6:01 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oh, dear, I love pretty tea things! If I bought every one I liked, I'd have to build an extra room for them.

     
  • At 3:22 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    I know that the dairy intolerance in your life rules out milk, cream, cheese, etc. How does butter manage? What about ghee? If either of these are OK, may I recommend lemon curd friands?

     
  • At 1:38 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I am getting on a virtual plane as soon as I finish baking the virtual brownies, the ones my dad described as "not really brownies at all, but fudge with brownie camouflage on top."

    A huge belated happy birthday to you! I would like the cat cup, please, the one with the tail going up the handle.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home