Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, March 07, 2009

And the celebration continues

MJ and the Captain met DH and me for breakfast at Sully's, our favorite local eatery, to celebrate my birthday. I LOVE this process of ssstreeeeeeching the party out over days and weeks. Besides paying for our breakfasts, (I had the hangtown fry, DH had the biscuits and sausage gravy) MJ also brought me a glorious bread basket! Among the other goodies it contained was a loaf of Leprauchan Bread. Do not try to adjust your screen. The bread is green as clover. It's quite yummy and my inner three-year-old is helpless with giggles over the silliness of green, GREEN bread. Between delicious bread, and the Girl Scout cooky sales, and the baking frenzy I will be starting on Wednesday, I'll probably regain everything I lost last year. Oh, but yummy, dense, yeasty solid honey-wheatberry bread - how can I resist? And green bread? I want green toast and green sandwiches and green bread with butter. Teeheeheee!


Then DH and I had to go shopping and on the way we passed an estate sale. Our cars stop at estate sales. We really had no control over the vehicle. It parallel parked itself and spit out the keys. What were we supposed to do, just sit there? I got this nice hobnail glass luncheon set, for $2.50. two yellow pressed glass bowls for $1.50 for the pair, and four yards of red fine-wale corduroy for a dollar. Can't beat it with a stick! Dh looked at tools, but didn't see anything that tickled his fancy. So he got to pick what kind of chocolate we bought at the grocery store. Raspberry Bliss. Mmmmmm. . . (eyes closed and head swaying slightly in ecstatic anticipation)

Hope your weekend is equally fun!

10 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Aren't extended celebrations wonderful?

    I am green with envy over your bread :-)

    Estate sales can be a great place to find all kinds of neat things.

    Lovely day - have a great weekend.

     
  • At 5:10 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    We love estate sales. The occasional lucky find makes up for the dud sales.

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh! Oh! I never met a dish I didn't like!!!

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday!! Once upon a time, I stopped at an estate sale ... and DIDN'T buy the lovely heavy rocker... and while my live is fine n'dandy, I do think having that cozy rocker in my studio would have made my life just a little more complete. So, you go!! Lovely treasures!

     
  • At 8:21 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

    You need some green eggs and ham to go with that bread ....

     
  • At 9:26 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ruth stole my line! But that's okay... I was distracted by the colors and the sparkly glass... *ooooooooh* pretty!

     
  • At 6:40 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I was thinking green eggs and ham,too. I guess we all read the same books! I am learning to love the estate sale. I love a good thrift shop and garage sales have always been a magnet for me. I like knowing an object has a history. I like to browse through the old photos and make up stories about people I don't know.

     
  • At 8:56 AM , Blogger Brian said...

    Looked at them both enlarged and they are very good, the lovely way the glass gives up its shapes,and the bread if that is what it is? then the texture is really good.

    You commented on my blog and the wood carvings, they were done by female artists and one lives in the avenues, thank you for your kind words.

    Brian

     
  • At 9:30 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Green bread? That sounds silly! Now I want some. I'll have to try and make it, maybe I can find a recipe online...?
    Estate sales are fun, and it sounds like you managed a good haul. Your cars are faithful encouragers.

     
  • At 6:40 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nice haul from the estate sale.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home